blog Followers

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Phlegm, gotta have it.

mucus

Ben stared through the bars as he groaned at this unjust incarceration.  What had he done?  Just the usual stuff, but this time?  I got caught big time.


He coughed up a ball of green-yellow phlegm, spitting it on the floor beyond the bars.  Heh, heh, heh… Ben had been charged with disturbing the peace, marking graffiti on public walls, and destruction of property.

That last one gave him joy.  With just a plastic knife, Ben had sliced up a fancy pillow, tossing foam and stuffing everywhere.  Truly an achievement! Good times.

Ben then realized that his diaper was beyond damp, it was dripping.  “MAMA!” he cried, with big tears.  Sometimes the not-yet-potty-trained times were a blessing.


This is from 2014. My wrist is insisting that I behave. 

The bold underlined words are from Wednesday Words, a writing challenge created by Delores 

She handed it  off to River  and Elephant's child who now gives us the words. Check out the sites and see the words for this week. Leave a comment!

 

If you are curious about phlegm, go to this :You must check this site out.

20 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your wrist is still aching. I hope it heals up better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me for awhile. LOL
    Good one.
    Sherry & jack, hope you are getting weller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the problem (not just the pain ) I am having now is depression. It have been 2.5 months since the surgery and the road looks long. Just needed to vent a little.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is funny no matter how often I see the Yipstick I giggle.

      Delete
  4. When your wrist speaks, pay attention! Sometimes, too often, healing is slower than we'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you, as well. For some reason, we are the on;ly one who do this.

      Delete
  6. You fooled me with this one, Susan. I didn't see it coming!
    Happy Thanksgiving, and may your wrist heal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugg and yuck on phlegm. cute story and glad i don't have one now. can't imagine a person in diapers at the same time i am wearing them. talk about ugg and yuck. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When these words were on the list, phlegm was a surprise.

      Delete
  8. I'm thinking I raised 4 Bens! I'm sorry your wrist is giving you fits and I pray it will heal soon. One thing we humans hate to admit is our bodies will heal in their own time and it takes a good year for healing even when we feel we are good to go after surgery. Just give it more time and don't over do it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first grandson is Benjamin. Ben and Nancy are names that I use on occasion.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!