Ruby dumped the yeast roll dough onto the wooden table. Brioche? Were they serious? Brioche takes 24 hours to prove. An hour or so of kneading and the dough was thrown into the proving drawer. I hate making brioche.
Next was the apple cranberry crumble pie. Ruby, peeling apples and cranberries were nothing. In an hour, the pie was pulled all bubbling from the oven. I love apple pie!
All was well until the word PI popped up. PI ?
Everyone knows 43⋅(π(5)3) Sheesh.
Timer rang, and Ruby felt her duty for the honor of St. Catherine's Women Auxiliary was met. Cleaning and wiping baking materials, Ruby was done.
Ingredients for Classic French Brioche
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
Yum
ReplyDeleteNow I have to head out to buy a brioche.
DeleteBrioche seems rather labor intensive. Much better to go with pie.
ReplyDeleteBrioche looks great, but oh my lots of work. Pie is the way to go.
DeleteYeah, I'd say buy one rather than make it...
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a teen on a farm, buying any baked product was almost treason.
DeleteI've never had a ball of pie before.
ReplyDeleteBall of pie? Not sure what you mean?
Delete4/3⋅(π(5)3) - The volume of a ball which is pi in every direction around the ball which could be filled with apple filling.
DeleteLove the pi pie :) Brioche takes 24 hours to prove?? guess I'll never make one, who wants to wait that long when one can be bought at any good bakery? love the story.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right. There are some baking experiences I would rather avoid.
DeleteI have had home made brioche that have tasted way better than a store bought one - and you can make them in less than twenty four hours (including proving time). Great use of Sandi's prompts though.
ReplyDeleteMy source of cooking info comes from Great British Baking show. Brioche is not popular to make. Just did some re-researching. Brioche is timely, a hour here another there. But Paul Hollywood always says to let the dough set in the refrig at first. Well, that was more than anyone expected.
DeleteThis was sort of a love and hate post for me..I love to bake but hate math. Ha! I do enjoy baking but have never tackled Brioche and I'm guessing I'll stick with making pies! I also like to bake and get results quickly so letting things sit long (like overnight) just makes me lose interest! Heck, now I want to make some chocolate chip cookies after swearing I didn't even want to look at the oven after Christmas was over!
ReplyDelete