
Hey, Jim. How did the office manage all that blow back from the big guys up at the top?
"Well, you can imagine, Tom. It blew them all away. I mean, what did they expect when the stink settled down after the clean-up crew took care of the rot?"
Again, all nodded. The fifth co-worker, Kevin piped up. "I'm exhausted. We complain every day. Can't do anything about them. They can take us down without a thought."
"Big guys at top? They live well, really well. I mean they go to work in their spiffy black suits,
"Big
guys at top? They could eat us alive, or dead."

They
grumbled and took off for home where family and friends lived. Come
sunup, they would be at work. At sundown, they would be lined up again.
The big bosses were already singing together their raucous out-of-tune songs. In their black suits and ties, they smiled at their success.
This is a repost of 2019 post. The blackbirds are swarming about, singing. I wonder what they are saying.
The big bosses were already singing together their raucous out-of-tune songs. In their black suits and ties, they smiled at their success.
Silently, the crew left, singing songs of their own,
sweet songs.
Bosses of the sky, bosses of the trees
They stayed.
![]() |
| The bosses in black suits |
Singing raucous songs, non-stop songs

I always assumed they were chattering about where they should go to eat. LOL
ReplyDeleteTheir wives have dinner waiting?
DeleteWasn't quite expecting that...
ReplyDeleteGood. That is what I was hoping for.
DeleteThey do seem like they have a lot to talk about.
ReplyDeleteBirds see things.
DeleteFor some reason that pic at the top reminded me of the movie The Birds.
ReplyDeleteYes. That movie scared me each time I saw it.
DeleteA few times a year we get a whole bunch of those crows in the yard and I often think they are just using the Pines as a Bird B&B...or would that be a BB&B?
ReplyDeleteAt a previous house, the crows "roosted" in a nearby park. There was the boss of the crows who perched on a neighbors house. He would call out, and a tree of crows responded. As long as I was in the front lawn, he called out a warning.
DeleteThe crows are always busy around here.
ReplyDeleteMy b-in-law rescued a baby crow, raised him, and then let him go. The crow came back now and then, visited a while, and then left . They are amazingly intelligent, have lifelong mates. They cruise around the sky.
DeleteWhenever I see that many birds at once they are usually Galahs, heading for the parklands for feeding, then again I see them in late afternoon when they are heading home. But not every day, usually just a couple of times each summer. They make quite a lot of noise and I like to think they are catching up on gossip and telling and new birds how good the feed is.
ReplyDeleteGalahs, thanks! Noisy, I betcha. Send photos?
DeleteNice to know I'm not the only person who makes up stories about birds she sees. Black bird bosses indeed; it's said that crows and ravens especially are quite intelligent, for whatever that is worth. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI chuckle knowing that there is someone who does the same! I see a photo of a bird and all of sudden, there's a story about it.
DeleteThanks so much for the visit, yes, loved Jacobi as Cadfael, good to live opposite 'his' abbey, Susan.
ReplyDeleteInteresting dear Susan
ReplyDeleteBack in my town was vast diversity of birds specially In winters but here only crows and starlings. I starve to see a sparrows but hardly rarely once in a while :(