When you hear that "Are you being served?" Who or what always made you laugh? Mrs. Slocum? Captain Peacock?
We watched Benny Hill after the kids went to bed, occasionally. He was unique and was a definite personal taste. How he would survive in the current social atmosphere? Well, now. We know. We know.
Finally1996, the end of an era
The clip below is or may be the final episode which of course involves women and Benny.
I never warmed to either Are You Being Served or to Benny Hill. My father thoroughly enjoyed the first.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteThey were in many ways, obscene. Not the words so much, but the crazy facial expressions.That was the time period.
Not the Benny I remember. But I see dogs minded him like they do me.
ReplyDeleteSherry & jack in a cool Florida
Hope you are weller....
Benny Hill was a unique performer. The Benny you remember is Jack Benny?
DeleteI could not with Benny Hill. And I was a kid. You would have thought I'd enjoy that crazy sort of crazy, but no.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you were one of those teens who did intelligent things?
DeleteIt was never my cup of tea, but i do see how some enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteI had read something about Benny Hill on TV and checked him out. He and his character are much the same. Teenagers would enjoy it.
DeleteMrs. Slocum was a hoot.
I love all those Brit shows and remember how popular this was when I worked for a PBS station!
ReplyDeletePBS! That must have been interesting to say the least. We love the Brit mysteries, too.
DeleteGreat British humour.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Oh, you know those Brits.
DeleteWe used to enjoy watching these shows ...
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan