| This photo prompt was provided by Delores at Under the Porch Light |
Flying in this yellow box with wings and engine, Florence clutched her new Coach handbag. It cost her $600, and dammit, she deserved it.
When her fiance, Winthrop, decided to take her up in his brother's plane, Florence hesitated. James was an excellent pilot, she had been told.
After a spectacular loop and bank, Winthrop turned to her with a giant diamond ring in hand, "Will you marry me, Flo?"
Florence looked at him in a daze. She opened her $600 Coach handbag. "Blaaah!" and she threw up.
This was first published in October, 2012. Delores is brilliant.
lol, so much for romance in the sky. Isn't that the way life sometimes goes? :)
ReplyDeleteYes, it is. Poor Flo, Poor Winthrop.
DeleteThat was hilarious!!
ReplyDeleteHaving someone vomit in a short story always wakes up the reader.
DeleteI think that was a signal that she should say "no".
ReplyDeleteOr, that he has made a big mistake.
Deletelol one proposal that won't be forgotten
ReplyDeleteThere are certainly events that embed in the memory, this being one of them.
DeleteAll I did was provide a picture...seems to me you're the brilliant one.
ReplyDeleteMy grown children might debate that point with you! But the photo was a big instigator...Thanks, Delores.
DeleteI remember that prompt. And your story. And you are right about Delores' brilliance.
ReplyDeleteDelores is amazing. I love her dearly.
DeleteThat would kinda put a damper on the moment...
ReplyDeleteWell, it could have been worse, but don't that thought stuck in your brain.
DeleteI laughed myself out of my chair!
ReplyDeleteThere are several Florence and Winthrop posts done over that time period. Maybe...
DeleteHope you landed softly.
Yeah, perhaps that was the wrong time for a proposal.
ReplyDeleteSometimes, these things don't go as hoped.
DeleteYeah, I think I'd be throwing up at that point, too!
ReplyDeleteIf that little plane was in front of me, I'd run away. There are too many stories like this one.
DeleteI'm thinking Winthrop could be more careful about choosing his moments. Poor Flo.
ReplyDeleteMen.
DeleteHahaha
ReplyDeleteThere, take THAT you coach bag. I hope
it was not an omen.
Vomiting into an expensive Coach purse has to the a bad omen.
DeleteLOL, too funny!
ReplyDeleteI hope she still says yes!
That will be another story from the archive.
Delete