blog Followers

Saturday, July 11, 2026

What do these words mean?

            Words+ideas=thoughts =>beliefs=>actions

May be an image of ticket stub and text 


This was posted by a FB site and I have borrowed it. It is a fuzzy copy, but I hope you can enjoy it. 

18 comments:

  1. I knew a teacher (now retired) who had this as posters in his classroom. With pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple and fantastic explanation of these government systems, Susan! I remember teaching the difference between democracy and a democratic republic to my classes one year using an idea I'd heard on a talk radio show. I had the class vote for what kind of pizza they wanted to order. They were absolutely shocked when the vast majority wanted plain cheese and those who wanted pepperoni (democracy) were not even considered as they would be in a democratic republic. That sure went a long way in helping them understand the type of government we are blessed to have in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea to bring the reality of choices to their level.

      Delete
  3. I remember when that was first written. I am so old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a couple of variations of the wisdom of that old clipping. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have as well. Just had forgotten them until I saw this on a FB post.

      Delete
  5. This is so good! Like that old commercial slogan, "Even a cave man gets it." Thank you for republishing, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. It is a simple quote that says so much.

      Delete
  6. Simple and too the point, I wish everyone would read and heed this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember this, it's an excellent way to explain the differences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It struck me as something that can explain a lot.

      Delete
  8. I remember that. Too bad so many politicians don't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic. And actually, pretty spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love presentations that say a lot but in few words.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!