| Getty images |
Some people are born with a propensity to mindless behavior, which is developed to be an art over a life time. How does one recognize someone who does not have
a clue, who spends life in a marathon
of stupid choices?
First, such a person would walk across a yard while the sprinklers are on full force, because one is
playing “candy crush” something on an iPhone.
| Man tears tendon after playing Candy Crush for 10 hours every day for 8 weeks |
Next, one such is seldom wary
of danger, like crossing against traffic, while checking local movie times on that
stupid iPhone.
| Screeeccchhhh! |
Finally, this person, who is downloading Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits, will suddenly develop itchy
welts on feet and legs after ignoring a friend’s warning, “Hey, --------. My sister’s dog is swarming with fleas. Don’t go near it…”
| Source |
Fact is, mindless
people will find that being mindless does not serve them well. Ever.
And, many good wishes to Delores at Under the Porch Light, who fought with her computer and lost. Thanks to the late Elephant's Child who left us too soon, and now Rlver has taken this opportunity to challenge bloggers to write something to share. The underlined words are the word chosen for that challenge.
This is a Wed. Words from 2016. I have been saying this lately sooo many times. I don't have to feel the need to check my phone, since they are much more interesting to watch as they miss their child's piano recital or don' t hear important announcements. You know the ones, like which the airport gate changes and will depart immediately.in Chicago o'Hare airport.
I see far too many mindlessly walking and heading straight for me, most often I will step aside, but a few times I have stood still and right before the crash into me, they notice and look up, which is when I tell them "look up more often". Their answers are rarely polite.
ReplyDeletegood for you! I have done something similar when I was in European countries. Rudeness abounds there.
DeleteI'm surprised that mindless people actually survive as long as they do, Susan. I want to yell at them to get their eyes off their phones and look around! Great use of your given words, too. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteIt drives me crazy/
DeleteI am surprised there aren't more accidents involving people staring at their phones...
ReplyDeleteI think there must be in cities in NYC.
DeleteI don't become that involved with my phone. In fact most of the time I feel it is an intrusion. And I need no help in being mindless. I do very well all by myself thank you.
ReplyDeleteI have a short attention ...
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I can see that.
DeleteBut getting sucked into a game... I don't know the walking and scrolling, though. Never learned to do that. It has gotten to the point where I will have a kiddo leave their phone before they leave the classroom to use the restroom. Or else they'll walk and scroll for ages. (They're supposed to have their phones put away, but that doesn't actually happen.)
ReplyDeleteExcellent! Good for you.
DeleteSome of the games can be very distracting, for me it's the word and math games, but they are only for potty breaks as they don't stop me from doing what's necessary then!
ReplyDeleteI am frightened by the attention span of the kids who use these programs.
Delete