You chose wisely...Which will you choose: the red pill or the blue pill?...Stay or go?...
Basically, choices have results. Indiana Jones chose wisely, clearly. Neo's (The Matrix) choices gave him possibilities where his choices led to results that could have all sorts of results.
These two movies appeal to me and my husband. Straight forward, instant results...
Sophie's Choice? Oh my. I try to forget her choices. Too Painful.
So there we feel the variety of choices these very human people had to make. These have a wide reach of possibilities, none of which will be clean and easy.
Our choices? You know of only the choices that we face commonly, but they are not easy to make.
Choose wisely.
I know we have to constantly make choices. Most of the time I don't like the hard ones. But sometimes the easy ones are just as hard. Chocolate or strawberry. Stairs or elevator. Petunias or marigolds. Those are hard.
ReplyDeleteSimple choices choices are fairly easy;
Deletebut others?
I loathed Sophie's Choice and would never watch it again. Yes, life is full of choices, easy and hard, but I find that praying before I make any decision always helps me choose wisely. Blessings, Susan!
ReplyDeleteI could not watch all of Sophie Sophie.s Choices.
DeleteEvery choice also means something we did not do. In most cases, it’s not bad (do I choose to brush my teeth today and thus choose healthy teeth over skipping it, yes, and it’s a much better choice than the alternative), but some mean we close off something which would have been much better for us had we chosen it.
ReplyDeleteSo true. I feel the same.
DeleteOf these, I've only seen Oppenheimer -- mostly because I grew up there (Los Alamos). Later, I wept - more for the man than anything else.
ReplyDeleteHe felt weighed down the rest of his life.
DeleteI REALLY wish I hadn't watched that Sophie's Choice clip, I skipped the others and am going to have a hard time forgetting what I saw.
ReplyDeleteTrue.
DeleteSeen all but the third one.
ReplyDeleteOne little choice can change the world...
It tore at the heart.
Deleteso true. One single choice can have horrible consequences.
DeleteChoice fatigue. It is a thing.
ReplyDeleteFatigue does change lives.
DeleteSmooth or crunchy peanut butter?
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
hmmm...
Delete