blog Followers

Saturday, May 23, 2026

I am tired, oh so tired.

 

Editorial cartoon graduation economy 

I, Daniel Ester, am tired. These are my thoughts after five years of studying something that is apparently useless and unnecessary to one's existence.

I am tired of wallowing in a life that swirls  around on a figurative spindle with no results.

I am tired of smelling smoke of bratwurst wafting from that neighbor who lives just below my apartment. Can't he grill a steak now and then.

I am tired of blaring music from another neighbor above me from Trinidad.

I am tired of big boob blonde neighbor across the hall, who parades around in the courtyard, wearing her latest purchases from Victoria's Secret Actually, I don't mind that part at all, being a red-blooded American male with a strong libido.

I am tired of that toothless codger with knobby knees on first floor apartment ogling the blonde as she struts around applying sunscreen.

Dammit, I am just plain tired of it all.  

 In fact, I may move out of Mom's basement when graduation comes for me to get my degree in historical studies, with a focus on ancient Sumerian society...   

...like that is going to get me a job, that comes with a paycheck?  But I hear Lowe's is hiring someone who can read stuff and follow directions.  I can handle that, I think.  

 Let'S Face It I'M Tired Lili Von Shtüpp GIF - Let's face it i'm tired Lili  von shtüpp Blazing saddles - Discover & Share GIFs

 

The underlined words are Wednesday Words from 2016. The Wed. Words are the creation of a now retired blogger named Delores. She handed this writing off to other bloggers when her computer gave up. The new finder-of-words is River and she has a creative mind... 

Do pop over to her site and join the Wed. Word Challenges.  

I often go back to previously posted blogs.  These are always re-written and changed because I have changed as a writer. So if you shrug off my posts, please grant me a pass. I have been diagnosed with Parkinson's and my hands are fighting my fingers.   



16 comments:

  1. I read your title and thought Oh no! She's tired and going to give up blogging! I'm happy to be wrong. I do often wonder about all those people studying their hearts out, getting degrees in this or that and why, when they clearly aren't going to be able to find jobs in that field and end up in low paying jobs with huge education bills to be paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing and blogging makes me happy. Words dance around in my head.

      Delete
  2. Become a plumber. Everyone needs the toilet to flush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a fun post with so much truth in it! I love how you created so many characters in my brain in so few words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In college I took a class on the short story and what it required. In the final test, it was asked was "brevity" meant. I love that.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Susan, I'm heartbroken to hear that you are suffering with Parkinson's disease. I'm placing your name on my daily prayer list and will hold you in my heart. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your prayers. I need all I can get.

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry. If your fingers are at issue, can you dictate your blogs? Or is that just as bad? (My father was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's, and he has the worst time speaking along with the shaking hands.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realize that will be my future. My speech is changing, becoming slurry. Typing is more type, backspace...

      Delete
  6. Praying for your good health.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pray for me and all who are caught up in a disease that kills you slowly.l

      Delete
  7. There really are few prospects for college graduates right now. I wish them all luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Being a Baby boomer, I didn't consider getting educated in anything other than what I needed to work. Now, I can, but the young people of today have had it easy.

      Delete
  8. So sorry to read that you have been diagnosed with Parkinson's, I hope your medical team can help and assist you in the days ahead.
    Sending good wishes to you across the miles.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I am and have been praying for you and will continue to. this is really good, in 2016 or 10 year later, all true.. My brothers 2 kids, lived at home until they were 30, son and daughter moved out buying a home on their own at 30, daughter to college, son just working. they were late to marry and now approaching 50, he is working in a GNC health store, went there from repairing computers. the daughter found a job at 34 starting at 60,000 with a business degree, but decided the rat race was not for her and went to a 30,000 per year working part time in a church as their book keeper, and now both her kids are in college, living at home and she is still at the church.... this has become a really issue.. I love the way you put it together using the words you were given

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!