The best job ever for Brenda was volunteer work: one who wandered around the library and collected books left on tables.. Who would read this? What a huge book! Gotta write this one down!... Smells of old and new books were both invigorating and soothing.
| non-fiction |
"Orchid Thief" Non-Fiction?
"Glasnost, Perestoika and the Socialist Community"The spine is barely creased open. Must be a very serious history.
"Vacation in Margaretta, New York" A real page tuner.
"Walter the Farting Dog" Read this to my younger brother. Never again.

"The House of the Scorpion" by Nancy Farmer" Loved this book!
More
time remained on her shift. Seeking out "The Islands of the Blessed" by
Nancy Farmer, Brenda settled with a sigh, beginning with the first
page.
The underlined words are Wednesday Words,
a meme began by Delores who wanted to challenge
bloggers to enjoy a break from their chosen genre.
Fighting computer frustrations, Delores handed this
challenge off to various bloggers.
I couldn't work or volunteer in a library. I'd spend too much time reading and not working.
ReplyDeletemy daughter worked in Barnes and Noble one year, and she spent so much money and time reading.
DeleteYou did a fantastic job using those words, Susan! I'd find working in a library distracting, too, but lots of fun anyway. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteAlways love a challenge like this. Libraries amazed me; my grandma took me to the library in her town when I was about 7 and i could now believe that such a place existed.
DeleteI've wanted to read the Orchid Thief for awhile now as I read this author's book on the LA main branch library and I really enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteI want to read it now.
DeleteMy mother used to volunteer at her library and loved it.
ReplyDeleteI would love it as well!
DeleteI have often said that I could go into a bookstore with $1000.00 and not have enough to get all the books I want.
ReplyDeleteMy problem is the existing books that I have yet to read. Where would I put the new ones??
DeleteLibraries are the best places, I don’t get there often enough, too much work. That’s one thing, if I get to retire I want to read more.
ReplyDeleteYes, reading is a joy many people don't recognize.
DeleteWhen I was younger I wanted to work in a library and applied at several to be a volunteer only to be told even volunteers need to do a study course and get qualified with a certificate saying that they passed. To gather books and reshelve them? I took the supermarket checkout job instead.
ReplyDeleteTheir loss!
Deleteclever. Made me laugh out loud.
ReplyDeleteLaughing in any manner at all is great!
DeleteWalter sounds right up our alley...
ReplyDeleteWalter might be a truly awesome dog for someone who can't hear or smell anything.
DeleteWell written and a good use of the underlined words. I like visiting libraries.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
My grandma took me to her library when I was about 6, and I was totally in awe of so many books. For a farm girl whose own library was sparse, it was a wonderful experience.
Delete