We have just survived another Christmas Season shopping which had a lot of meaning when I was a younger woman and easily frustrated.
I could wrestle those carts and make know who was in charge. I cared more about those carts than was normal. Why? I was a teacher, in charge of getting things in order.
So, being in a Target or Walmart during a holiday drives me crazy.
Dump site for carts from all stores Just a further note about shopping carts, here is an idea:
|
Inevitably I get the one that vibrates or something.
ReplyDeleteWe always get one where a single wheel is crazy.
DeleteThis is exactly why shopping through Amazon is a terrific idea. Do y'all have Aldi stores where you are, Susan? Just have that quarter in your pocket to claim a cart, shop with it, and get your quarter back in the end.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Shopping with Amazon is a good idea for me. Having some just diagnosed health issue, this is given me an outlet for getting stuff.
DeleteI enjoy shopping at ALDI, even when I have to trek back to my car to get the quarter out of my console! (My sister has a quarter with a hole in it and a key chain - she clips it to her keys!!)
DeleteOh, Susan, I'm so sorry to hear that you are having some health issues, my friend. My husband, Danny, had to take steroids for so long last year that his immune system was compromised, too, so we more than know what that's like. God bless and keep you!
DeleteThat man who ended up destroying a shelf of goods is an idiot. We don't have Walmart here, but we have Aldi and other supermarkets. Our Target doesn't have groceries, so no need for carts there.
ReplyDeleteIt was truly ridiculous. I wonder what he was charged with after all this hit the floor.
DeleteMaybe this is the answer as to why I am enjoying being forced to have home delivery from Wal-Mart. After months of delivery, I could go there and shop, and put up with rude employees and shoppers and fight the carts, drive in tourist town traffic, but find myself each week, hitting the list Walmart sends me and checking it off to have it on my porch in a few hours. now if I had unlimited time to shop, I would go back because I really miss my chats with staff friends and Walmart only friends that shop at the same time I do...
ReplyDeleteIn many stores. personal interaction is minimal here these days.
DeleteI'm cheap, so I put up with locked together carts, etc. In my experience W is less expensive than T. But Aldi's ain't bad and much easier to shop. Good post enjoyed the gaphics...
ReplyDeleteI stopped going to Target during the first Pride month two years ago. Walmart is louder and less controlled than T. but that is fine.
DeleteIf I have to repair a cart I get a discount. I worked in retail and I know that they pay to have the carts repaired.
ReplyDeleteabsolutely!
DeleteI get to the Wal-Mart at 6am when they open and am gone as fast as I can be, almost no one is there. Target doesn't open that early and is too expensive, and is also not on my way to work.
ReplyDeleteIt's the same with Aldi, the one near here is so far out of my way and right in the middle of one of the worst areas for traffic. It's not worth the drive just to save a few pennies.
Here in california, WalMarts are aplenty.
DeleteI'm just glad my wife does most of the shopping. Although my pet peeve is what I've dubbed 'ugly people' who leave carts anywhere but in their cart return.
ReplyDeleteYes, I find those carts on a wander about the parking lot.
DeleteYes, the metal carts do sometimes stick together.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
You apparently have wrestled with a few yourself.
DeleteLiving in a small town the stores are a bit limited. No Target unless you drive about 20-30min away. We have Walmart and I don't mind going but sure try and get in and out quickly. My pet peeve is when folks just leave the carts in the parking lot. Usually in the space I want to park in!
ReplyDeleteI know. I feel the same. In the old days, I would have asked them if they were done with the cart. then I would take it with a smile and nod.
DeleteI stopped shopping at Target and Walmart
ReplyDeleteI had shopped at Wal Mart maybe 3 times last year.
Delete