
"Life
is too short to drink cheap wine" is now repeated often, but it
is still has meaning. With that thought, life is too short to do many
activities. Here are a few I have compiled. In the comment section,
please add your own thoughts.
Life is too short to:
...always order chicken from a menu because it is the cheapest entree.
...buy and eat CostCo or store bought sushi.
...use duct tape over and over to mend the same object; this indicates laziness, but it makes sense.
...be ignorant of history.
...be mean.
...eat burned meat (I happen to like burnt hamburgers and hotdogs.)

And then there are these:
...stay out of the rain.
...avoid stomping in a rain puddle.
...watch TV for hours and hours.
...play video games non-stop.
...miss a sunset.
...waste your allotted time.
...be bitter.
...hold a grudge.
...miss opportunities to learn.
...lose a friend by choice.
...forget those who helped you when you were helpless.
...accept rudeness from a check-out or store clerk. This is a good example.
...make judgments. (Only God has that right.)
...run away from problems. (This is a big one.)
...eat stale grocery products.
![]()
...use cheap quality toilet paper.
...buy store-bought pies.
...hold back love.
...sleep on an old mattress.
...give up on people, relatives.
...walk quickly through a rose garden.
...dismiss an art museum as "boring".
...to walk by a child without giving him/her a smile.
This list is probably short compared to what it could be.
What could you add to this list?
“Life is special. The life you have is a gift. Live it. Live it now.”
Stop being kind.
ReplyDeleteThat is one of the most important. treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself.
DeleteLife is too short to be unhappy. Do the things that enrich your life and do away with all the rest.
ReplyDeleteso true.
DeleteTo wear uncomfortable shoes just because they were on sale.
ReplyDeleteWe women have all done this. Men? who knows.
DeleteLife's too short to be ungrateful...thanks for your fun posts!
ReplyDeleteGood addition.
DeleteWould you really prefer to eat that incinerated piece of meat which would have no flavour left?
ReplyDeleteIt is a delicate balance. total char is not good, surface char is good.
DeleteLife's too short to drink bad coffee or make yourself finish a book you are not enjoying.
ReplyDeleteYes. the coffee has to be good.
DeleteThose are good. Not sure which is my favorite. Of course, I am still chuckling at the cheap wine labels.
ReplyDeleteDo you remember two buck chuck wine? It wasn't bad.
DeleteTo not show love to another person and tell your significant other that you love them. To not thank God for all His blessings. These are wonderful reminders, Susan!
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed and appreciated them.
DeleteLife is special, make every moment count.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
As the years tick off and the end is kinda visible, I appreciate more and more how precious life is.
DeleteLife is too short to measure up to other people's expectations.
ReplyDeleteEspecially that one.
DeleteLife is too short to spend it complaining too much!
ReplyDeleteSo many people do exactly that. It wastes time.
DeleteLife is too short to spend cleaning house
ReplyDeleteI believe the same. some cleaning is necessary, but spring cleaning is too much to expect at this stage of my life.
DeleteLife is too short to save the good china, the good tablecloth, for "later" (this isn't an original thought but one I remember seeing somewhere). Life is too short to postpone that trip you always wanted to take, too. I learned that the hard way. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com
ReplyDeletethe good china that we packed carefully every move we made, and never used. NEVER used.
DeleteThese are some good ones. You know I would love that Rose one. There was a rose garden next to my hometown, and I went there often just to think and pray and reflect. I do not like it when I get grocery products that are not fresh either. We never know when they are packaged, and it makes my heart sing when I open fresh food! I'm with you, I like my hamburgers and hotdogs a little burnt. And love those pink roses!
ReplyDelete~Sheri
We could enjoy Roses together. My own roses are started to flower out, and they are so lovely.
DeleteWow, you have it all covered! And I agree with all of them. I would add to worry a lot about things in the future,
ReplyDeleteWorry is the big eater of life.
DeleteGreat advice.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
It is advice all should acknowledges.
DeleteAll so good. I learned the "life is too short lesson" when my mother passed at age 60. For her, everything was "we'll do it when your father retires". Oops. Since then, (within monetary reason), Ray and I have done stuff - gone to Australia, taken off a day for the hell of it. Life is too short to wait for the "I'm gonna do this..."
ReplyDeleteAnd life is too short to eat generic Oreos.
generic Oreos! Excellent analogy.
DeleteAn award deserved post I believe 👍🥰♥️
ReplyDeleteYes life is too short for all doing all good things that make you feel happy and all things that make happy others around you 🥰♥️🙏
Very beautiful ♥️