close encounters of the third kind
No respectable newspaper as we all know by now would write this. Nothing else had
happened 1968, except for the wedding of Elvis Presley and Priscilla something,
and the birth of their only child (Lisa Marie—exactly nine months after the
wedding!!) on Feb. 1, 1968
1969 rolled in with an endless winter. When spring and then summer arrived, we
gladly opened the windows and put in the screens.
NOW this is what happened:
I was woken after midnight by a whirring sound and flashing
lights outside my bedroom window. I sat
straight up and curled up into the corner of my bed against the wall, watching the
lights and hearing the strange sound.
The sound and lights lasted maybe three minutes. Then suddenly the show ended, and I forced
myself to look out the window at the total darkness.
Somehow I fell asleep and had a strange dream in which the
aliens took out two of my brothers, Robert and Bill. For some reason that gave me a degree of pleasure.
I told my mom about the incident. Oddly enough, Mom had heard the same sounds,
but saw no lights because her room was on the north side of the house. My
room was on the south side.
Is there something to be fathomed from this experience? I do not know.
HOWEVER, if this appeals to you, go to this On the edge of my Bed.
This really happened to me...hard to explain...
Illinois was apparently UFO ridden. Illinois was a hot spot.
It was a strange thing that happened. It is a puzzle to be solved. You may never solve it.
ReplyDeleteMost likely not. A week or so later, a fighter jet roared over our house. It was so low that it brushed the tops of our maple trees. I always wondered what they were looking for.
DeleteThere was a police helicopter looking for someone. It's a good thing they left after 3 minutes.
ReplyDeleteWe lived on a farm, and once the sun set, it was pitch black. No police helicopter or police car.
DeleteMike might be right. But with all the recent UFO footage released by the government, who knows?
ReplyDeleteI think so.
Deletethis reminded me of the only lights that woke me up, that would have been in the mid 70's, the room was flashing with red and blue lights and I got up and looked out and the apartement building next door was in flames... the lights were police and fire vehicles. i am now wondering if your aliens are still here hiding in other humans. i think this because of what humans are doing these days. or maye the good people are the aliens
ReplyDeleteThat would be so horrible. Poor people.
DeleteGrowing up in Los Alamos, I've little doubt these sorts of things exist. Even my father -- the biggest skeptic ever -- tells of the 'fire' they witnessed in the early morning hours that burned in the shallow canyon across from their 2nd story bedroom. In spite of the surrounding Ponderosa pines, there was no burn .. no noise ... no smoke. The next day he and mother walked across the street and discovered a strange burn imprint, but that's all. Because this was the early 60's and his working for the AEC, he never told a soul.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. We are not alone.
DeleteA spooky incident for sure, Susan! There is something or someone out there that is not of this world. But with sightings/soundings like yours, I think they really must want us to be aware of their presence.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
It has been 40 years since that event. I remember it well.
DeleteAre you sure your brothers weren't trying to prank you? That would be my first thought. Of course, once you dismiss that, then you're left with some other creepy possibilities.
ReplyDeleteNo, I knew they weren't involved. They had a limited imagination.
DeleteI grew up in Illinois but near Chicago and even aliens would be afraid to land there. I think we are not alone and something that stays with you forever is not to be laughed at or discounted. Did your brothers ever mention anything? Any weird spots on their bodies? Scary but interesting!
ReplyDeleteMy brothers stayed silent. Taking 2 brothers was a bit scary to them.
DeleteYou'll never know! At least your mom also heard it.
ReplyDeleteShe sleeps lightly, so I am sure she heard it.
Delete