Rod Sterling
If you ask a group of people "Which is your favorite Twilight Zone?", what do you think will be cited?
Not everyone will know what to say. Will readers under 60 recall the old black and white episodes? Or, is it only the Baby Boomers?
This is one of my favorites. It is not other worldly, but it is about returning to the world you had as a child.
Walking Distance: Gig Young and Martin SloanThis was 1959, I was 8 years old. Even then, I wondered what I would do if strange event came to me? Now, I am many decades older, and I still wonder if I would take that chance? On some days, I would like to go back to 19** and set things aright, or take opportunities I missed.
The following are other episodes that I still have in my brain, from that amazing time of Twilight Zone.
I don't know about you, but this program changed the way I looked at the world, and what could be. Did you?
..."Time Enough at Last" which aired Nov 20, 1959 is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteThat was so tragic. I felt for him.
DeleteThere were reruns and marathons when I was old enough to know of the show. And there's actually one teleplay in one of the 8th grade English textbooks that they used to teach. (I think that was the previous set of textbooks, though.) Great show.
ReplyDeleteWho knows what English textbooks teach anymore. I know what they are not teaching.
DeleteI know of it, but don't think I have ever seen an episode.
ReplyDeleteCheck the trailers and check them out.
DeleteThank you for the reminder of The Twilight Zone. I have forgotten a lot of them but these will bring them back I'm sure. It was one of my favorite shows.
ReplyDeleteIt shaped the future.
DeleteI used to love Serling's Twylight Zone! The only episode that made an impact all these years is a couple stuck on a train. I just consulted Google and it all came back -- 'Stopover in a Quiet Town.'
ReplyDeletethere are so many. I was thinking about the one where Civil war men on a bridge, and one jumped in the river.
DeleteThe episode that left me afraid was the one where a couple could hear their child crying and calling for help. The problem was that they couldn't find the child. There was an opening between dimensions that had opened in the wall next to the child's bed. Eventually they were able to reach through and rescue the child just before the opening closed. As the oldest child in my family it was something I feared long before seeing the show.
ReplyDeleteThat one scared me to no end!
DeleteI was a bit younger than you, Susan, in those days, but I did see the one with the man whose glasses broke when he finally had the leisure to read, and it absolutely broke my heart! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the actor was Burgess Meredith. He was somehow related to our family.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
That was one that bothered me too. The what-ifs were so sad.
DeleteI didn't see much of the Twilighht Zone, where I lived it wasn't shown until 11pm.
ReplyDeleteTime is everything. We lived out in the Midwest, and there were 4 stations, eventually.
DeleteI've only seen a few reruns, and most of it is quite frightening to me.
ReplyDeleteSome are just plain creepy, some funny, and some scary. It is a toss-up.
DeleteThe man whose glasses broke was my favorite and very sad. That's probably why I remember it.
ReplyDeleteThat one has more meaning to me now.
Delete