blog Followers

Monday, March 13, 2023

Won't Back Down

 Stand Your Ground (GER) - Diskografie, Line-Up, Biografie, Interviews, Fotos

 At this time of history, the world has turned upside down, taken some wobbles, and now we must continue to stay strong in what we believe. Information is garbled, depending on the journalist's point of view.  Either we go along with that, or we examine what is true and what is not true.

Tom Petty, I won't back down
I miss Tom Petty.

Over his career, I have listened to his songs, heard what he was singing. Now I am understanding what he was saying.

                              I will stand by you, Rascal Flatts

          Where do I stand in these scary times? I will Stand my ground, and I won't back down.          

                                            

What about you?  Stand your ground?
                               

                                         


      

30 comments:

  1. First of all, thanks for telling me about Big Bear. I'm very familiar with Big Bear and Idywild. That's so sad about the two deaths. I am in the opposite direction, in northern California, close to Mount Shasta. I'm not too far from Oregon, so we do get lots of snow, but only about a 1-2 feet at the most. There are other places in northern California that are getting up to 6 feet. The sun is shining today, which is nice.

    I like your quote today, "stand your ground." I think it's important, as some people are wishy washy, and often go along with the crowd. I hope this month of March has been good to you.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in 1993 by Pike County the snow up north melted and the Mississippi flooded over the plains and washed away some towns. We lived 12 miles from the river on a higher elevation, but the creeks that fed into the river flooded corn fields.

      Delete
  2. I am standing on the firm ground of God's Word, Susan.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where we stand.

      Standing, standing,
      Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
      Standing, standing,
      I’m standing on the promises of God.

      Delete
  3. Standing fast on God's Word is all I can do. That and I stand by my morals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In at least one spot in my life, I am really pitiful at that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I'll totally back down when confronted. I'm a wimp that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've grown bolder now. Confrontation is fine. Bring it on.

      Delete
  6. I avoid confrontation whenever possible, because I'm the sort that dissolves into tears and incoherence. I never did learn how to debate or argue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My back then home life insisted on humble obedience, or else. Now? I won' t stand down, I won't shut up, eye to eye, may my words be words spoken from Jesus.

      Delete
  7. More prayers needed for peace.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful song with beautiful message dear Susan !
    thank you for making my evening :)
    i believe in peace indeed
    hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I never knew how much his writing and performing are around me.

      Delete
  10. On Christ the Solid Rock i stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand. If someone wants to label, libel, or destroy me for it, it's the price i pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Stand our ground! Sinking sand, that's where the world is.

      Delete
  11. You picked two good ones, especially Tom Petty's.
    Take special care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't back down now after all the crap I sorted through the years. I always loved Petty's song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be strong and have courage is from a song I remember from 20 years ago. Tom Petty died too young.

      Delete
  13. Social media has many folks backing down as they read and believe all the junk out there. I go by the rule that unless you stand for something, you'll fall for anything. I have my standards, my faith, my love of family, and clear knowledge of right and wrong and frankly I just ignore the weird and "celebrities" that think they have all the answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said. All the support you claim is the most important support. That gives courage to stand our ground.

      Delete
  14. I'll stand my ground if I think it's an important issue, but otherwise I tend to keep my mouth shut and avoid an unnecessary confrontation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. More and more I have to make that decision.

      Delete
  15. I try to use my common sense. Sometimes standing ground is the best way. Other times a bit of a pause is called for. You chose good music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Standing up for your beliefs has become, more and more necessary.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!