| Dick Clark as DJ oh so long ago |
..And...We're back, taking calls to answer the question of "Regrets? Looking back on my life..." First caller on line one.
Radio Bob: So, let's hear it, big fella. What can you say looking back on your life?
Anonymous: I'll state it clear...I've lived a life that's...uh...full. I've traveled down each and every highway...
Radio Bob: So, you're a traveling man, who lives in cheap motels? Away from the family, huh. Any regrets?
Anonymous: Regrets? I've had a few, but then, too few to mention…
Radio Bob: Oh, one of those. Love 'em and leave 'em?
Anonymous: I did what I had to do...saw through without exemption...
Radio Bob: Let me guess: you planned each careful step, right? Had to, I imagine.
Anonymous:…More, much more than this, I did it my way….
Radio Bob: O-kay, but were there times? Didn't you ever think you bit off more than you could chew? You know, the balancing act?
Anonymous: But, through it all…I ate it up and spit it out…faced it all and stood ta…
Radio Bob: I see. A life of love, laugh, and tears, right? Yours or your family? Ever think about 'em? I mean, didn't you ever think about losing them?
Radio Bob: I see. A life of love, laugh, and tears, right? Yours or your family? Ever think about 'em? I mean, didn't you ever think about losing them?
Anonymous: I’ve had my share of losing, but…now I find it all so amusing! To think I did all that and…
Radio Bob: AMUSING? But, you’re not shy, are you? Not humble at all! I bet you shout...
Anonymous: Oh, no, oh, no, not me! I did it my way!
Radio Bob: Well, then, what IS a man, not a sleezy guy like yourself? What has he got? If not his family, what is important?
Anonymous: Yes! If not himself, then he has naught! To say the things he truly feels…
Radio Bob: NAUGHT? NAUGHT? Big word for a obnoxious man. Sure, but these are not the words of one ...?
Anonymous: ...who kneels! The record shows…Yes! I took the blows!
Radio Bob Well, I'd love to land some blows on you, you narcissistic bastard. You got a record, a felony record?
Anonymous: And did it my way! Yes, it was my way…
Radio Bob: Right, buddy. Whatever you say. Next caller, line 2...
YouTube, about 3 min. long
This was a post from the 2012 April Blog Hop. I reposted it in 2018. So, I'll wipe the dust off, and see what you think of it.
This was a post from the 2012 April Blog Hop. I reposted it in 2018. So, I'll wipe the dust off, and see what you think of it.
So Frank was a narcissist?
ReplyDeleteOh, yeah. He focused all the fame on himself.
DeleteFunny, funny!
ReplyDeleteI barely remember radio doing that.
DeleteClever presentation of a great song and great performance - '
ReplyDeleteI did it my way' !
The song worked for my post.
DeleteHilarious!
ReplyDeleteIt was fun to write it. I love writing.
DeleteYour song post are always fun.
ReplyDeleteI hope so.
DeleteThis song brought back memories of taking a cruise with friends when I was young..19, single, and first big trip out of the US. The singer on the ship and I hung out and this was his signature song on board. No regrets here, just good memories of doing it my way! As the song goes...Thanks for the memories!
ReplyDeleteGood memories. Being on a cruise and hearing that song is wonderful.
DeleteI can just imagine Frank Sinatra calling into a radio show. He always did it his way; this was the perfect song for him. I love it. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteIt was a fun writing project. I could hear his voice in my head. I wrote something like that with Elvis.
DeleteHe was one of a kind.
ReplyDeleteHe and others of that era set a standard for what is "good or great" .
DeleteWell written, Susan.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I recall radio call-ins very vaguely. The local radio stations we could get were few.
DeleteLOL :) very funny
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had some joy with it!
DeleteI did enjoy this, very funny :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Writing this was so much fun. I will have another post, maybe next week, with Dr. Love talking with Mr. Memphis. The Johnny Cash one didn't work out as well.
DeleteUsed to be a guy famous for this song years back when we did karoake regular. I can't construe those words as "obnoxious" when I remember him.
ReplyDeleteI was looking at him as a family man. I did it my way doesn't fit with a good Catholic boy with family, who had many affairs and married Ava Gardener a week after his divorce was granted. The DJ was taunting him, insulting him, as radio talk shows often did.
Delete