blog Followers

Friday, March 10, 2023

The Last of Us: Pedro Pascal

Oberyn Martell | Pedro pascal, Winter is coming, A song of ice and fire

Obyren Martell, readying for a fateful battle with the "Mountain".

Today I cut my final tie to the Game of Thrones series.  

My "Stark"  tee is going into the Goodwill bag.  My "dragon" tee went long ago.  I had socks too, but they are lost in sock hell.

It was inevitable.  One can only hold onto the love and fascination of such an elaborate show for so long.

I will still, however, love Pedro Pascal. He was cocky, his costumes were amazing.  Now,he is the Mandalorian, and he has all the attitude needed.  


 Who is Oberyn Martell related to? - Quora 

Whoever the costume designers were, they did some amazing things in this series.  

the mandalorian season 2 

 The Mandalorian, in a Star Wars saga

Here's a close-up look at the many characters we'll meet in The Last of Us: Season 1, as the fate of humankind rests in a bitter, jaded man's escort mission, trying to protect an orphaned girl who may be able to unlock the secrets to a worldwide cure. 

 The Last of Us takes place in a dystopian society.  Rough times. 

  Are there any movies or series that finished that you recall?  Any actor who has transferred to another role? What actor stands out as a reason to watch him/her in a new role?

 

Note to bloggers: I have been having a hard time getting my comments to show, unless I okay cookies.  Somehow I will overcome.


23 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the cookies problem. When I'm at school, I go "incognito mode". The cookies that I allow while in incognito mode don't stick around after. The other option is to clear your cookies frequently (daily?). But yeah, I know why you'd not want to allow cookies at all.

    As for actors... I'm sure I'll think of someone as soon as I hit "publish".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookies option where I am suddenly named "anonymous" drive me crazy.

      Delete
  2. I cut ties with "Game of Thrones" ages ago. I'm probably the only person in the world who didn't get hung up on it. I lost interest after a few episodes. Jason Momoa was/is one reason. I don't like that fellow. And after seeing a clip of him on a morning TV show here, this very morning, running around bare-bum, just clad in a t-shirt...my dislike of him is justified...in my humble opinion. I know others will disagree with me. :)

    (I, too, have been experiencing intermittent problems with blogging/comments etc.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason Momoa had some real chances, but his personality and character come out more and more. His butt? Sad.

      Delete
  3. I haven't yet watched any of Game of Thrones, despite having season one on a dvd somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The costumes are amazing, and the sets are also amazing.

      Delete
  4. The first that came to mind were Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford shone in both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they making another followup to Indiana Jones? Heard something about that, despite Ford's age, 80 yrs.

      Delete
    2. It is being edited now and should be out for Christmas or shortly after.

      Delete
  5. We've been impressed by Matthew Rhys in his (relatively) recent series, Mason. It's not at all like the Perry Mason shows from the '50s but it is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matthew Rhys is a great actor. Welsh, he has quite a varied list of shows he has been in.

      Delete
  6. I understand that. RR Martin wrote the books that were made into movies. Husband and daughter read those volumes, were curious how they would translate into a movie. We did get caught and pulled into the movie. It was great, but the now pre-quel is miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. He has been busy in new projects. Mandalorian is excellent.

      Delete
  8. I never watched that series and my husband is sad because he can't get our Disney plus to work and he's missing the Mandalorian! I just can't sit still long enough to get into a series I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the trouble. Miss one episode and the world turns upside down.

      Delete
  9. I never watched, either; however I was a lot like that with Doctor Who until it went woke. And let's not mention me and Daniel Boone when I was a kid...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Jodie Whitaker ruined Dr. Who for me. Daniel Boone? Fess Parker? I understand.

      Delete
  10. Since we haven't been able to afford TV for years, i can't say there's any special series or person lately. This gentleman does look quite fascinating.

    As for cookies, if you find yourself faced with that on my blog, just sign your name after a comment and publish anonymously and i don't mind a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have heard from others the same story. The G of Thrones has amazing filming locations-- Spain, N. Ireland, and others.

      Delete
  11. hubby likes this type of shows .i am more interested in thriller and mind bending shows :)
    yet Vikings ,Spartacus last kiddom,outlander and few more still spark in memories

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the cookies problem on my blog, too. On many blogs I sometimes have to click that "accept" icon more than once to be allowed to post a comment. I don't pay extra for the pay channels like HBO or for streaming channels (except Amazon prime) so I miss a lot of those shows. So I've never seen Game of Thrones although I have read some of George R.R. Martin's non related stories. I did watch season one of the Amazon adaptation of Man in the High Castle (an alternate history where the Germans and Japanese won World War II and divided up the U.S. between them-I read the book years ago) and was increasingly disappointed. I didn't watch Season two. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only watched Season 1 of Game of Thrones and Season 1 of The Mandalorian, so I have a long way to go! And I haven't watched The Last of Us yet either. Sheesh, I'm getting so far behind.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!