As part of our company's monthly newsletter, I used to include a human interest piece, "Getting to know you." When I interviewed the President, she said this would be a fitting song to describe her life. Great lady, great song.
This song reminds me of a frightening experience years ago when I spent the night at an old castle in Scotland. I was a guest of a friend. It was New Year's eve and we celebrated well. In conversation, someone said the castle was haunted. We laughed and no one took it seriously. Our host said nothing.
When everyone had gone I retired to my room. As I got in bed I felt a presence in my room in the darkness. It was a distinct feeling that I was not alone. A shiver went down my spine. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness I saw a figure standing by my bed.
First I was afraid ... I was petrified ... and now I'm imagining your face reading this.
I remember that song. Had to look her up and she's still surviving. :)
ReplyDeleteShe is still alive? That is wonderful.
DeleteI haven't heard this in quite a while but when I saw the title I could hear it in my head.
ReplyDeleteIt is a song that reverberates in my head.
DeleteGloria sings about surviving; I like to think that with God, I thrive!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Susan!
Amen. Through good and bad times, God is always there.
DeleteOne of my favorites. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how people hear a song, and then it strikes a chord.
DeleteGreat song, great singer, great coreography! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteIt was and it still is.
DeleteIt's funny how sometimes a song we haven't thought of in years just suddenly comes back to us.
ReplyDeleteThat happens more and more to me.
DeleteBrava, brava.
ReplyDeleteIt was a strong woman's song.
DeleteIt's grown on me over the years.
ReplyDeleteI remember it from my young parenting age. Powerful voice.
DeleteSometimes the song shows up, and soon after, we find we need it.
ReplyDeleteThat is the key.
DeleteI love that song and like to think I am a survivor too, after two divorces and all that goes with that. I'm still here and still living a happy life.
ReplyDeleteGlad that it resonates with you.
DeleteThe strength in the song has given many women the strength to survive. Music can do that.
ReplyDeleteI hope that she knows how many people have been touched by her song.
DeleteAs part of our company's monthly newsletter, I used to include a human interest piece, "Getting to know you." When I interviewed the President, she said this would be a fitting song to describe her life. Great lady, great song.
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing to hear how her song affected their lives.
DeleteThis song reminds me of a frightening experience years ago when I spent the night at an old castle in Scotland. I was a guest of a friend. It was New Year's eve and we celebrated well. In conversation, someone said the castle was haunted. We laughed and no one took it seriously. Our host said nothing.
ReplyDeleteWhen everyone had gone I retired to my room. As I got in bed I felt a presence in my room in the darkness. It was a distinct feeling that I was not alone. A shiver went down my spine. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness I saw a figure standing by my bed.
First I was afraid ... I was petrified ... and now I'm imagining your face reading this.
God bless.
You are right. My mouth was open. Over the years, this has happened to me. After a while, I told it/them to go away, don't return. God lives here.
Delete