| photo credit: theblondecoyote.com |
Life
begins
And
Life
ends.
On
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Dorothy
Ethel Kane
Died
in her sleep, at
the age of 89.
For
the next week,
We
will be remembering our mother,
In
a celebration of her long life.
Mom
was feisty and pragmatic---
She’d
say, “Get over it! Life goes on!”
She
was/is absolutely right.
![]() |
| Safe home, Mom, safe home. |
This is a re-post for our mother, Dorothy. She left us on Feb. 4, 2016, and that feels like yesterday.

Some pains time does not diminish.
ReplyDeleteSo true.
DeleteIt was a very short time ago, really. I'm sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteThanks. It doesn't get easier though; two of my brothers when they were in their 40s. 1997 and 1999, I think of them almost everyday.
DeleteA time of sweet memories and reflection. Warm wishes to you and family during this period. Greetings.
ReplyDeleteEven though it was in 2016, I still think she'll walk in.
DeleteI live by her philosophy! my friends granddaughter was heard saying to one of the soccer players on her team, when something went wrong. Suck it up Buttercup! that is about the same as life goes on, get over it... My Mom left us at age 63 and that was in 1990.
ReplyDeleteIt is good to remember our Moms and this is a tribute to her from you
Such it up Buttercup! I haven't heard that for a long time.
DeleteShe sounds like someone i would have liked to know. I'm so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteShe was a delightful, intelligent, strong willed, wonderful person.
DeleteShe was a special lady. It feels like I just lost my mother as well but it's been awhile now.
ReplyDeleteEven though parents died a year or 20 years, it still hangs in my heart.
DeleteHi Susan - mothers are always special ... love her attitude to life - with thoughts for a peaceful remembrance weekend - Hilary
ReplyDeleteThank you. I miss my own mother.
DeleteSometimes the hole don't ever fill. Hugs to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteWell said. Grief is always there.
DeleteMy warmest best thoughts and wishes go out to you for your loss, Susan. Cherish all your memories.
ReplyDeleteOn Tuesday 31st January, I went to the funeral service of the mother of a good friend of mine. Dorothy was also my friend's mother's name. Dorothy passed away aged 105 and a half years.
Take good care.
It sounds like your Mom would like to be remembered in love but probably not mourned in sorrow daily. She sounds like a great example for living a good life. I think of my Dad daily and he died in 1976. My thoughts are always of his fun attitude and being a great Dad. My Mom lived until she was 94 and died in 2020. I also think of her daily and cherish her memory and try to live as fully as she did. Hugs to you Susan as I know we never forget those we loved and lost.
ReplyDeleteMothers are always special, there's not a day goes by when I don't think of mine with so many fond memories.
ReplyDeleteMy good wishes.
All the best Jan