blog Followers

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Bacon. BACON!

 

 There are two things I remember well, from my childhood: Bacon and Coffee.  Both should be on the Pyramid of recommended servings of the various food groups.  

But these two elements of happy childhood Olfactory memories always linger.

Discovery and enjoyment of bacon are shown below. Mostly.

 

                                  Someone needs to discuss obedience and respect to him.

Well, I know they are cute now, but they grow up to be heavy tanks that will mow you down if you are in their way. I know this for a fact, having helped with herding them to the chute which will take them to St. Louis for their final destination. A farm girl can handle it.


                                                             Eight min. long


 We raised hogs. Bacon is a natural by  product of these animals.   It is said that they are intelligent.  No, they are evil. Mean.  I know. I have looked them in the eyes, and see their deviousness. They will run you over if you lose concentration and fear them.

Bacon? The odor of coffee and bacon always remind me that my childhood was mostly great.

So, the kids above and comedian express their feelings about bacon.

Many do not eat pork as it is against their beliefs.  Bacon is one of the only pork products I eat. The other is barbecue shredded pork.

26 comments:

  1. I like bacon but rarely eat it and never more than one or two pieces. I certainly can't have it every day. I love the smell of bacon cooking, but in my tiny flat even with opened doors and windows and the fans running, the whole place reeks of it for days after. I don't think a baby as young as that one in the last clip should be having bacon, the salt content is too high for that age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I would not give my baby bacon for all the reasons you listed. Plus there is a danger of choking. Their reactions were amazing.

      Delete
  2. I love bacon but have to eat sparingly as I get older

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. My husband loves bacon. He buys it on the sly.

      Delete
  3. I haven't had real bacon in years but love the smell of it cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If ever my folks would wake me up, it would be with coffee and bacon.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I knew a Midwest boy would enjoy that. I wrote this post with you in mind.

      Delete
  5. Mmmmmmmmm bacon. And rain on a tin roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In S. Calif., we are inundated with rain. Still love the sound and smell of rain, whenever I can get it.

      Delete
  6. It's good stuff, for certain. Because of my health i have to be vegetarian, so i can no longer have it and while there may be some very good ground meat substitutes, there's nothing to substitute for bacon, i promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. When I was a child, when we had our own meat supply (including beef), the smells of that time are a goof memory.

      Delete
  7. Bacon is so delicious, but because of the high fat content I have to control my urge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the salt, with the fat, is a bad thing to eat with H/bp in your life.

      Delete
  8. Pigs are so smart and bacon is so good, what's one to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta do what you gotta do. Hogs get really really dangerous if they continue to grow.

      Delete
  9. One day, a kiddo asked me if I liked bacon. He had to point out a fellow classmate did not, and he thought her strange. It became A Conversation. The things they get offended about...

    My mother hated coffee, so the smell does not bring back childhood to me. We did not have it in our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My folks had a perpetual coffee pot, full of strong caffeinated coffee. they went through at least 2 pots. That is how Mom managed to do all that she had to do. She also smoked and took Valium. If I were her, I would have done the same.

      Delete
  10. Bacon and coffee bring me back to childhood also! I don't drink coffee but bacon is one of my favorite food groups! That little boy needs a slab of bacon across his backside! He's no Southern Gentleman! But pretty funny to watch! Now I want to make a BLT! Have a good week Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wonder about the parents. Why would they allow this kid to talk to a babysitter like this??

      Delete
  11. Mmmmmm, bacon. I love the smell and the taste. I don't have it as often as I would like to though! Thanks for adding the Jim Gaffigan video!

    ReplyDelete
  12. not sure where the prompts are for this month, but food fragrances figure high in my memories of bygones gone by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The words are at River's site. I provided the words and she said she would post them.

      Delete
  13. i so enjoyed the first video :) rest are good too dear Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything with bacon is good. It changes everything.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!