blog Followers

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Golf on a Misty Morning

 

Ball rolling into the hole. Photo of Golf Ball rolling into the hole stock photos 

Made it 

 When Evan dropped dead in front of his golfing foursome, Frank responded quickly.

With his brand new shoes, he nudged Evan, and turned him over.  “Damn!” Frank cursed, “Now I have grass stains.  Damn.”

Clem interrupted. “Well, you did insist on a morning tee-off time.”

All looked down at Evan’s still body.

Jack spoke up. “Who will be our fourth?!  It isn’t likely Evan will be regenerated anytime soon.”

Frank shook his head.  “No help for it.  Let’s head back to the clubhouse.  We’ll tell the Front Desk about Evan.” He nudged Evan once more with a heavy sigh.


This was a Wednesday Words Post, posted July 2018. It tickled me to write this.

18 comments:

  1. How callous. I wonder if they found a fourth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guessing they picked up a fourth player hanging out in the clubhouse.

      Delete
  2. Frank was in our golf group. He said he wasn't feeling good and was going to go home and left. On the way home he decided to go to the hospital. He was having a heart attack. The next day he had bypass surgery.
    We were glad he left when he did. Otherwise if he would have dropped dead on the golf course it would have been, hit the ball drag Frank, hit the ball drag Frank...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad Frank was wise and went to the hospital. Many men I know would shake it off.

      Delete
  3. Ha! This did make me laugh even though it was a bit morbid..no body...even Evan's...should come between a golfer and his game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it made you giggle. Sadly I know men like that. Sigh.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You have to know golfers and how obsessive they can be.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I just hope a 4th will join them soon. I'd do a health check.

      Delete
  6. Poor Evan. I wonder if they'll stop the game for a moment of silence when his hearse drives by the course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah. They are hardened golfers. They will tip their hats, nod, and then head out the the greens.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Glad to see your name! I love to write short fiction.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Golf is golf. I am sure Evan would have understood.

      Delete
  9. Just looked at your blog. It is thoughtful and says much. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!