
Mayberry RFD was our TV home town. Andy walked down to the fishing hole with Opie, throwing rocks, only resident in the jail was town drunk Otis. Aunt Bea tried to make pickles for the town competition. Gomer Pyle enlisted in the military, had an awesome voice. His "to dream the impossible dream.. gave me goosebumps.
Barney Fife, sigh. He was comic relief, with a bullet in his pocket, so that he could not accidentally shoot his foot or something else. Barney Fife was played by Don Knotts brilliantly.
Knotts made some memorable movies, at least memorable to me. His character was always that same goofy guy, with just a hint of some intelligence. The following are about one minute or less.
Ghost
The big hit was "The Apple Dumpling Gang". The other actor was Tim Conway, one of the most brilliant comic actors ever.
So, there you have it. Don Knotts did so many movies and TV programs. He always made me giggle.
The above are trailers from the movies, about 2 minutes long.
The Andy Griffith Show is one of my favorite TV shows, I like the actors and the characters they played. Aunt Bee was strikingly beautiful as a young actress. Yes, so necessary to not allow the deputy to handle a loaded gun.
ReplyDeleteAunt Bea was so sweet. A cookbook of her recipes was released some time ago. I loved her.
DeleteI Read a biography of the two of them recently. They were close friends in real life and stayed in touch even when working on other projects. I read that "they" are finally going to erect a statue with them together.
ReplyDeleteThat makes total sense. Watching their interaction as Andy and Barney on TV was precious to see. Not every actor can say that.
DeleteAnd don't forget that cameo on It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World...
ReplyDeleteOh, yes. He was a great character. He was the landlord in Three's Company.
DeleteI haven't seen any of those movies but I will track them down. I like a good laugh.
ReplyDeleteThere were fun then and now. "Mr. Limpet" was one I remember.
DeleteAh yes, I do remember those movies.
ReplyDeleteGood fun, enjoyable.
DeleteI love watching The Andy Griffith show on METV now! It's just refreshing to have good, clean humor and those guys were the best. I love Don Knotts expressions in all his movies and I think I've seen them all over the years. I recently viewed a clip of Andy Griffith, Don Knotts, and Ron Howard returning to the studio set where the show was filmed. They were in the jail part and just walked around reminiscing about those days. It was very sweet. Thanks for the smile today! Have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love the relationship they developed over the years.
DeleteI loved him. And Apple Dumpling Game was a fave of mine growing up...
ReplyDeleteMayberry RFD is a favorite memory I think about often.
DeleteDon Knotts was an amazing comedian and when he and Tim Conway got together it was pure genius.
ReplyDeleteOh, yes. They bounced off each other in humor.
DeleteYou get a line and I'll get a pole, honey... I grew up on Andy Griffith. I liked Barney Fife. I think I have a Jim Nabors CD somewhere. He did have a really great voice.
ReplyDeleteNabors' voice was amazing, unexpected.
DeleteI don't think these made it in the UK. We had Cheers, Friends, Frazer, Two and a half men. Oh ... and The Monkees.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
You have some good stuff. Google YouTube to see his list of accomplishments, and even watch Appledumpling Gang. It is worth watching with Tim Conway.
Delete