blog Followers

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Jim Nabors, Impossible Dream

 

This was back in the 1960s, when no one knew what Jim Nabors could do with his hick Mulberry voice.

 
He passed in 2017, lived in Hawaii with his husband.

 

Final episode

So, this voice was silenced  in 2017, at age 87. I just felt the need to see and hear a man whose character and voice coated me with faith and joy. An artist like Jim Nabors changed lives, with Impossible Dream, sung during the time of Vietnam. 

I was vacuuming and looked up, and there was this glorious voice singing a glorious song. It was a recognition of a time of history, Vietnam. My cousin died, a neighbor, two young men about 20 miles away, and some boys I did not know.

Music and music was so much.

19 comments:

  1. I did not realize he was a singer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a different era. Now you have to pursue him.

      Delete
  2. Here in Indiana, we got him every Indy 500. Knew he was a treasure all our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How great. What was he like? That voice!!

      Delete
    2. Other than the heart of gold, nothing like Gomer.

      Delete
  3. What a voice, what a wonderful person. Both my brothers served in Vietnam and both returned home, thankfully. Shazam! This was a wonderful post and tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was a voice that shocked us who saw a stuttering Marine. When visiting Hawaii, I was pleasantly surprised to know he had settled there. Although, I never got to meet him.. LOL
    Good post..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the first time I heard him sing. I was like, What the heck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He had an amazing voice and anyone who didn't hear him sing missed out on something special. I remember him as Gomer Pyle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He did have a beautiful voice. He was not given credit for his acting talents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He was amazingly talented, i remember the first time i heard him sing and i was awestruck.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!