blog Followers

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Do not touch

 

Drive-Medical-Exam-Room-Rolling-Doctors-Round-Stool
comes in three colors

You are waiting in a Dr.'s consulting room, surrounded by posters obody parts. There are interesting brochures about diabetes, prostrate exams, and flu shots. Generic muted watercolor paintings hang somewhere. You have a cell phone to use with no restrictions.  Candy Crush is delightful
. Time will pass.

Oh, but find yourself in a specialist's room. 

My last appointment with my neurologist showed me a huge difference.  Gray-ish walls in a barren room, with no visual stimulation at all, suffocation drops heavily.  No cell phone usage, either.  Too many electronic machines, absolutely important machines.  No clock, time will seize up. 

There is an implicit message: 

Do Not TouchInteresting canistersholding interesting stuff, cabinets are locked: Do not touch.

                     These are activities I have used:  

 Tap dancing: sit on that plastic chair and make your feet fly.  Fix a song in your head and have at it.  Tusk from the album, Tusk by Fleetwood Mac is a favorite. Be original. Go with  it.

Make sure to not touch any paper covered space on that rolling cart, staff gets ready pissy about that. Instead, roll that cart (which is holding a few instruments) around the room.  Slowly, of course, but you could make several passes in five minutes. Don't touch the paper.

That rolling stool?  That thing is fast, amazingly fast. It swivels rapidly, so you have to be careful with that one.  Be sure to lift your feet up, so you don’t get tangled up with the rollers. Don't touch any paper, even casually .

Pretend to use that grey and hard table to play an imaginary drum.  Avoid the paper.  This is good for arm muscles.  Be sure to drum with convincing force.

Search for studs in the wall.  Odd, but trying to hang pictures in plaster board often leaves a row of nail holes. Stud finding is an art. There is no danger of paper-touching.

I can’t think of anything else, as the doctor entered gray prison room when I was still checking for studs.  I had found one possible stud, but lacking a hammer and nail, this could not be confirmed.

                                                                 YouTube, about 2 minutes long

Good luck.

This is a re-post of 2016. Nothing changes. Dr. office is the same, right down to the prints on the wall, but those are fading into a blue as is often in cheap prints. My next appointment is next month.





21 comments:

  1. I have gone to a lot of Doctors over the last decade or so. I do see a lot of specialists. Happily, I think that I have avoided gray rooms.

    Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if that continues, going from gray to some other color?

      Delete
  2. What a clever take on mind numbing waiting in a specialist's office. For your next visit, take a hammer and a nail, once you find the studs. I do see this is a repost from 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to a doctor a few weeks ago. I did not get to count the studs, but I wish I had done some wheelies on the stool. I waited over half an hour in that cold, blah room, and kept reapplying Purell Sanitizing lotion to my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is when I'd bring my knitting. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet some drs have cameras just to smile at the enginuity of their patients, patients. the stud finder is much better if metal studs are used. LOL I tap the wall myself there is a more solid sound at the stud.
    Good one. I do like the spinning chair.
    Sherry & jack
    Enjoy your next appointment, but it will probably be by phone. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck.
    My neurologist's office is seriously boring too. He is always running late as well. So I take a book. A large book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go to a hardware store and buy a stud finder. Take it with you to the appointments and see how many studs you can find before the doctor comes in. Finding Bruce Willis doesn't count, no matter how studly he may be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are hilarious. I simply put my head against the wall and take a power nap. Not nearly as exciting as you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since i always bring a book (a real book) to a doctor's office, i hadn't thought about finding such ways to pass the time. Someday i may try a few, thanks.

    DIY Dork, i will have to look up more of those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not fun going to any offices that don't have pictures on the wall or some kind of charming features in the room. So sorry you have an appt. next month. Maybe the office will be a bit more hopeful this time.

    I hope you are enjoying the November days.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving November! Our summer is long and miserable.

      Delete
  11. When I am at the doctor's insulting room I just sit there and read old magazines and newspapers. I read the other day that a ship called Titanic sank.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!