![]() |
| Gone walking |
Kindle Windle Valentine
Went looking for something
He could not find.
It need not be something gentle or kind.
But something where the road would wind,
Which would be just fine.
Kindle Windle Valentine stumbled and fumbled,
Then rose to his feet.
Questions to complete,
Questions to complete,
Questions in his mind that rumbled and tumbled,
Should he seek a world for believers?
Should he seek a world for believers?
Should he seek a place for dreamers?
Should he seek a space of solidarity?
Should he seek a dance of clarity?…
With hands on his hips, a whistle on his lips,
Kindle Windle Valentine
Was undone, then done by all his searching
with thoughts in his mind.
He was tired of walking and working,
To find a place of comfort he would find.
Which was where he started,
Which was just fine.
The underlined words are from a Wednesday Words in 2015. Delores of Mumblings created this as a way to break writer's block, to toss out a challenge in writing.
This tumbled and rumbled in my mind and this stumbled out.
The underlined words are from a Wednesday Words in 2015. Delores of Mumblings created this as a way to break writer's block, to toss out a challenge in writing.
This tumbled and rumbled in my mind and this stumbled out.

I liked it and liked where it ended...right back at the beginning.
ReplyDeleteLife is often in a circle, heading out and then return.
DeleteAmazing what you can do with a Kindle.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
My thought exactly.
DeleteI have had many things tumble and rumble in my mind but nothing this neat tumbled out. I like it, catchy words.
ReplyDeleteLove from here,
Sherry & jack
Glad you have tumbled and rumbled in your life.
DeleteIt's good when someone can go back home to find what they were looking for.
ReplyDeleteIt happens often.
DeleteThe words can lead us in many different directions but all roads lead to home.
ReplyDeleteEventually my own wanderings and thinking brought back to where it all started.
ReplyDelete"Was undone, then done, by all his searching..." Boy sounds a lot like me this afternoon...
ReplyDeleteIsn't that the truth!
DeleteWell, this is clever -- I love the poem and I love how you incorporated the words. They fit so perfectly!
ReplyDeleteTaking words and playing with them is a joy.
DeleteIt tumbled out just great!
ReplyDeleteTumbling is a lot of fun.
DeleteLoved it! I think a lot of people go looking for something they can't find, but are richer for the journey.
ReplyDeleteI have discovered that to be true.
DeleteAs Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz movie, the next time I go looking for my heart's desire, I won't go any further than my own back yard (or something like that).
ReplyDeleteThat is it, exactly!
DeleteThere's no place like home...
ReplyDeleteWe do not need red shoes at all.
DeleteSusan:
ReplyDeleteOn the surface, this seems wonderfully innocent.
But, when you STUDY the thoughts behind the words, you find much deeper meaning.
Nicely done.
Thanks, Bob! Writing such a message in a subtle way is rewarding.
DeleteBack where you started is not a bad place to be. One big circle as we go around and around gethering bits here and there to take back to the beginning.:)
ReplyDeleteIt is our journey from end to end. Leaving home eagerly, having life's many adventures, and then seeing that my beginnings guided me.
DeleteSusan, I add my enthusiasm to that of commenters above. You've done something exceptional here --cyclic process in life with which I closely identify.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see your name. Cyclic process in life, plant or animal, brings us all back to where life started.
DeleteSuch is life huh-- great writing 😊
ReplyDeleteLife as a youth to life now as an old(er) adult is really such a journey.
DeleteThumbs up.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteSounds like a poem for me. I'm always looking for something it seems.
ReplyDeleteArlee Bird
Tossing It Out
Life can be like that.
DeleteThat all makes perfect sense to me, though it wouldn't have done when I was younger. I was a bit mystified by the underlined words till you explained that they were prompts; I would never have imagined that as they blend in so seamlessly.
ReplyDeleteI love playing with words, which usually leads me down to twisted roads.
Delete