| Kenny Luo@kennyluoping |
The Balloon of the Mind
Hands, do what you’re bid,
Bring the balloon of the mind
That bellies and drags
In the wind,
Into its narrow shed.
Wm. B. Yeats
![]() |
| Fancy.com |
A Drinking Song
Wine comes in at the mouth
And Love comes in at the eyes.
That’s all we shall know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift my glass to my mouth,
I look at you and I sigh.
W. B. Yeats
William B. Yeats—always a favorite of mine.
Always follow the balloons.
Drink good wine.
Life is too short to drink cheap wine.

It has always been on my bucket list, that REAL balloon ride. Not tethered, but free. Wine? I have never had educated taste buds, LOL I follow the Dr's orders, he doesn't have good taste buds either, advised the $10 a gallon stuff. LOL
ReplyDeleteAs always, we enjoy a visit with you!
Sherry & jack
$10 ride a gallon? Nope. No taste buds there.
DeleteI'll consider a balloon, someday.
Life is too short for bad coffee, too, and following the balloons is a joy.
ReplyDeleteBad coffee and bad wine are wrong, just plain wrong.
DeleteGreat advice!
ReplyDeleteI have found it to be true.
DeleteI haven't heard any Yeats in a long while! Thanks for sharing this one!
ReplyDeleteYeats is my absolute favorite poet.
DeleteI love hot air balloons.
ReplyDeleteSeeing balloons in the sky fill me with joy.
DeleteLove both of these gems - despite often allowing the balloon of my mind to fly free.
ReplyDeleteLet it fly free.
DeleteGood advice about balloons and good wine.
ReplyDeleteSomeday...someday I will try the balloon. Wind, no. Migraines say no.
DeleteI hear balloon festivals are great. My father went to one a couple years back and had a great time. He didn't get to go up in one, however.
ReplyDeleteLake Skinner in Temecula has a fabulous festival in June.
DeleteMy mind often veers off course, and that's with no wine entering my mouth at all.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what happens when wine enters your mind.
DeleteHot air balloons is something you'd never get me on.
ReplyDeleteI am almost ready to try to go up in the sky, sometime.
DeleteCheap wine defined my life, so glad to have wine at all. I should have relied on the Master of the vineyard.
ReplyDeleteHe knows best, since He created it all.
DeleteSusan:
ReplyDeleteYeats is a good choice for Springtime, and I can;t figure out why,...it just seems appropriate.
As for the wine...never anything under a buck and never, EVER from a box.
(make mine blush chablis)
Do you remember the wine "Two buck Chuck", a bottle which was $2?
DeleteReading Yeats is more that engaging; his use of language and depth of thought are thrilling.
Yes, really life is too short to drink cheap wine...
ReplyDeleteOr eat fast food...
DeleteI absolutely adore the photos you shared. The old musty wine bottles go perfectly with the poem by Yeats (a wise choice, I might add).
ReplyDeleteI was lucky enough to attend a hot air balloon festival a few years ago. It is awe inspiring to watch the colorful balloons as they enter the sky and move off in the wind.
I also wanted to let you know I have been locked out of my original blog. This is a devastating problem for me, especially since I am still creating my recycling efforts However, I have set up a HOPEFULLY temporary blog to get me through until I can reclaim mine.
https://alteredbooksandmixedmedia.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't normally visit me daily, I could use the support right now.
I'm a big fan of both balloons and wine. Great post, thank you.
ReplyDeleteIt seems to get a great combo.
DeleteThe Lake Skinner balloon and wine festival is indeed quite an event.
Just did a quick Google... sounds wonderful! Balloon tours are reasonably popular here, particularly in foliage season. Vermont's big annual festival is in Stowe in July. Few things make for better photos than hot air balloons up close!
DeleteObviously, our wine industry is not remotely comparable to California's but we do have vineyards in Vermont and they're not terrible. Dessert wines here are especially good.
i became familiar with yeast during my Masters studies
ReplyDeleteincredible poet !
loved the post dear Susan!
balloon of mind must not land in narrow shed
Hot air balloons always look nice flying high … but I wouldn't like to ride in one.
ReplyDeleteThey do say you shouldn't drink cheap wine! I always keep a look out for a good buy!
All the best Jan
I have never taken a balloon ride but I have moved a lot of wine through my system over the years! Before I retired the owner of the private company I worked for who was a bit of a wine connoisseur used to put together a case for me from his stock and I got to revel in the kind of premium vintagesI could not afford to buy myself. I miss that!!
ReplyDelete