
My introduction to Carole came in the Blogger.com world in
2010. Blogging was new to me and Carole
Anne Carr’s excellent writing showed me what blogging could open up.
Carole has so many credentials:
I have
worked in a bank in Central Africa, have been a teacher,
held the Office of
Reader in the Church of England,
been a professional actress and sold my papier-mâché
sculptures in Europe.
I now work as a poet
and writer of children’s adventure stories that are historically accurate and
are used by teachers in schools and universities, in many parts of the world….
Carole Anne Carr has published (so far) eight books:
First Wolf,
Candle Dark,
First
Work,
Little-Boy-Good-For-Nothing,
Thin Time,
River Dark,
Kaleidoscope
, and The Angry Giant. All excellent books, I can say from my reading.
Carole Anne Carr shares her love for books by donating her time frequently to reading aloud to school children. This may be her greatest love of all.
C is for Carole Anne Carr.
![]() |
| God bless her and keep her! 182 |

I am going to look her up right now. Thanks for the introduction, Susan.
ReplyDeleteI know you will enjoy her books and her personality.
DeleteI love historically accurate novels, so I have some looking up to do!
ReplyDeleteCarole lives in Shrewsbury, Ludlow area. We spent a week there, an awesome castle! Carole could tell its history, stone by stone.
DeleteVery interesting post. I'm an avid reader and love discovering new authors.
ReplyDeleteShe is an amazing person.
DeleteShe sounds like an amazing woman.
ReplyDeleteI giggle, as I am perfect agreement!
DeleteI know Carole-Anne! Didn't know she'd accomplished so much though.
ReplyDeleteShe is very modest as a rule, but this she had at her site.
DeleteShe sure has done a ton.
ReplyDeleteHer life is full and active.
DeleteThank you so much for including me in your A to Z Challenge, Susan. It is an honour, and it encourages me to keep writing, something I need now that I am my husband's carer. It means so very much to me.
ReplyDeleteWhen I thought about "C", your name was the first and only choice.
DeleteAs a kid I always loved stories set in times past. I loved seeing history, as I knew it, unfold through the characters life. It gave a history life. Writing that way is a gift.
ReplyDeleteYay for Carole! Sounds like she's had a fascinating life. I enjoyed this.
Sia McKye Over Coffee
So glad you visited, and hope you will pop over to Carole's site.
DeleteShe sounds like an amazing person
ReplyDeleteOne of the best!
DeleteI have not heard of her, but definitely going to check her out! Thanks for featuring her here :)
ReplyDeletebetty
Carole is a writer I admire. She WRITES, not just talk about writing.
DeleteShe sounds like a caring person with so much to offer others.
ReplyDelete...which she gives without pause.
DeleteSo many accomplishments. Now THAT'S awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteExactly! Talented and giving.
DeleteI didn't realise that was a hat at first. Never heard of Carole Ann before. Sounds like a very interesting woman.
ReplyDeleteIt is a Christmas wreath, but it does look like a hat. I hope you check out her site.
Deleteshe has had an interesting life- wonder if she has read this post
ReplyDeleteI gave her a heads-up, and she wrote to me. I enjoy her writing--she knows about what she is writing.
DeleteThank you for the introduction to an inspirational woman. Off to visit her now.
ReplyDeleteOh so glad!
DeleteCarol Anne sounds like a beautiful person. Blogging buddies and friends can be quiet special. Love the beautiful garden picture! I'd sit in that chair if I could.
ReplyDeleteLife & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B ~ One of Tremp's Troops with the
A to Z Challenge
One can feel like these special writers live just down the street.
DeleteThat garden is where Churchill painted. I would also like to settle into the chair for a while.
Great "C" Post! I need to go visit Carol's page now.
ReplyDeleteThanks!! She is an impessive person.
DeleteI had not heard of her.
ReplyDeleteI hope you head over to her site.
DeleteWhat a lovely feature of what sounds like a lovely woman!
ReplyDeleteCarole is truly special, and so giving.
DeleteShe does have a rich history! I like that she enjoys reading aloud to the children. I like to do that too. :)
ReplyDeleteTo choose paper-mache and historic children's books as her creative focus makes her my new super star.
ReplyDeleteYou can find me here:
ClarabelleRant
Carole is wonderful; I'm glad you spotlighted her!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of Carole Carr, nor read any of her books.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how much Carole has accomplished! Thanks for putting her in the spotlight, Susan!
ReplyDeleteJulie