Dear Martha,
Your letter pulled me from a pit of despair. If ever there were awards for "Surviving Multiple Plethora of Childhood Illnesses", I would be inducted into the Hall of Matriarchal Fame.
The triplets have developed a chain of cursed plagues: Influenza, chicken pox (despite the vaccine), strep throat, ear infections, and worms (?).
Is this God's thunderbolt of retribution for swearing during Mass? Loudly swearing at Clarisse-the-She-Devil, the mistress-of-insubordination?
As you know, my house was never a museum, but now a City Inspector would cover the house with "Condemned" yellow tape.
Must go. Alex-the-Spontaneous is vomiting on the cat. Christopher-the-Wild-Child is smearing the vomit on the bathroom mirror.
Your sister,
Mary-the-Desperate
| Source: Wikipedia |
Delores is awesome and such a joy!
lol eww wand ewww some more. Worms and vomit, a lovely day
ReplyDeleteEwww indeed!
DeleteWhen I read this, I thought of Jake from State Farm. Crazy, huh? No similarity that I can see but maybe it gave me the same kind of chuckle. LOL
ReplyDeleteThat commercial makes me laugh each time. Jake in his khakis.
DeleteLesson learned: watch my language in church.
ReplyDeleteNo joke. Bad things happen.
DeleteGotcha.
DeleteSounds like a typical day in the life of a Mom lol.
ReplyDeleteBack in college, I babysat for a professor who had 3 pre-school aged children. They had mumps, and by the end of the week, they had chickenpox. I will never ever forget that week.
DeleteYou had me giggling at the second sentence. Alex-the-Spontaneous.... too cute!
ReplyDeleteEvery Alex I have known was a spontaneous type of child.
DeleteEveryone of these made me smile I am not sure if I was supposed to but they did:) B
ReplyDeleteSmiling and laughing are always welcome at this site.
DeleteI would never vomit on a cat...
ReplyDelete...how about a dog?
DeleteI laughed because I've been Mary at times. Good write.
ReplyDeleteBeing a mother puts us in the running, doesn't.
DeleteThe joys of children
ReplyDeleteOh yes. Pre-schoolers like these precious 3 would be mighty joyful.
DeleteOy to the string of really bad luck!
ReplyDeleteAt least they are not snowed in.
DeleteAt least the triplets got it all over in a week. No more worries about mumps and chickenpox.
ReplyDeleteThere is something assuring about having closure in a week or so.
DeletePoor Mary certainly does have her hands full. I'm very, very grateful that I never encountered a vomit-smearing child. That stuff is bad enough in a bucket.
ReplyDeleteHaving a bucket and being fast on one's feet makes all the difference.
Delete