| Source: cheap Halloween costumes |
After four solid hours of the door bell ringing and “trick-or-treat”, Delores couldn’t think. Her mind was full of pumpkin mush, as was her front yard, the path to the front door, and even on the roof of her car.
| Source: The Magic Pumpkin page projects |
It is time for a double Scotch on the rocks, Delores decided, turning off the porch light.
Thanks to Delores at Under the Porch Light for this prompt. Please go to her site to check out other versions!
Give good treats, won`t get pumpkin mush thrown at you lawn, hopefully lol
ReplyDeleteOh, the cost of the good stuff!
DeleteDelores may be in for big trouble with the pumpkin mush this year...she's decided to turn out the lights and not hand out candy.
ReplyDeleteYou and me both!
DeleteWhen we lived in the city my husband used to want a drink after hosting trick or treaters too, hahahaha
ReplyDeleteGood for him! Unfortunately, we no longer drink.
DeleteWe won't be stingy this year. We will turn off the light sooner!
ReplyDeleteWell done!
ReplyDeleteHeading over to visit.
You won't be disappointed.
DeleteNo pumpkins or decorations at my house. I've seen some decorating popping up around my neighborhood, but mostly non-mushy plastic pumpkins. Some of the lights are like Christmas in orange. Once again this year my house will be among the 50% or so in my neighborhood who turn off the lights and hide from the kids. Besides, candy has gotten so expensive! Yeah, I'm an old scrooge. That will be the costume I wear but nobody will see.
ReplyDeleteLee
Wrote By Rote
Neighbors spend so much money on the decor. Don't know why. But we will be hiding in the back of the house.
DeletePoor Delores. Trick or treating is making its way to our neck of the woods too. Which gives the skinny one a quandary - he really, really doesn't like giving away the treats he has claimed as his own...
ReplyDeleteKeep the good stuff for yourselves. Hand out the cheap stuff--the solid sugar and food dye.
DeleteSo many, turn the lights off and hide
ReplyDeleteGood advice to all.
DeleteThis is funny, I like it. I did a couple of sentences then lost them, I'll have to start over.
ReplyDeleteWonderful images of Halloween! I especially liked your "porch light" reference!
ReplyDeleteJulie