| Source: xymonau |
I have been waiting
for someone to die. This could sound
very evil, but it is not.
My sister-in-law
Cheryl has died from complications of diabetes.
She has been in a nursing care facility or hospital for several
years. Diabetes is a debilitating
disease that slowly takes away part of a life, a bit at a bit.
Sadly, there are no pictures I can post. Cheryl hid from the camera, for many different reasons.
Eyes, kidneys, feet,
legs, hair, mobility—just about anything can be listed with this horrible
disease.
Cheryl. I have known her since our freshman year at
high school. She sat next to me in
freshman English. She was shy but
friendly. We found were also in chorus
and P.E.
My brother Robert
started dating Cheryl in the end of our senior year (I think). They married
young, the next year.
So much could be
written, but won’t be.
Cheryl has passed
from this life to God’s Presence, where Robert waits for her. Peace and completely healed.
| Source: gabriel77 |
You have sent her on with lovely thoughts and lovely pictures.
ReplyDeleteMy siblings and I feel great relief and sorrow for Cheryl and her two grown children.
DeleteDeep sigh of relief on all sides I should imagine. It is so hard to see someone you care about suffering.
ReplyDeleteThe past year has been esp. difficult for all.
DeleteI am so sorry. And so glad that her suffering and your pain (and other friends and family) because she was suffering is over. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sue. I will always remember her smile and laughter.
DeleteThat disease is awful and it is rising. At least she is out of pain.
ReplyDeleteDiabetes is a thief.
DeleteSometimes it makes you wonder if pets don't have the better care. Suffering is over, hopefully she can find peace now
ReplyDeleteMy mother said that very same sentiment.
DeleteI'm so sorry, Susan . I really am.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Zoanna. Hearing from blog friends has been very comforting.
DeleteThanks for writing!
ReplyDeleteOh Susan, my heart hurts for you. Watching a person die over a long time is hard and in the end we are so grateful that they are finally free from pain.
ReplyDeleteYou wrote this so true and so beautifully, but of course, you would.
You are in my thoughts.
Oh Susan - how sad for you - what a difficult post this must have been to write -
ReplyDeleteRobert and Susan are in each other's arms again - like they should be..........
Much love to you my new friend.
XOXO
Oh Susan - how sad for you - what a difficult post this must have been to write -
ReplyDeleteRobert and Susan are in each other's arms again - like they should be..........
Much love to you my new friend.
XOXO
My mother had diabetes and managed the condition with medication and diet restriction. She died at 78, but not from the diabetes, she had cancer.
ReplyDelete