![]() |
| From Inspire Nordic source |
Timbers and time
With ice
Do not long survive.
Unmoving sea and salt
Chew away
At ships destined by fate.
Lines against sky
Drawn across ice peaks
Silhouettes of past ventures
Frozen by ambition.
Echoes of voices
Silenced in frigid air
Echoes of despair
Hidden by relentless white.
Please check out the blog site: Inspire Nordic ! She has amazing photos and thoughts.

Great verse indeed and yeah they will surely not last long there, unless global warming comes and melts the ice away haha
ReplyDeleteI don't think they can wait that long.
Delete*shiver* That's a beaut. Really nicely done.
ReplyDeleteIt does make *shiver* and *brrrr*, and *Noooooo*.
DeleteLoved this...there is such a restlessness about it...awesome!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Joanne
PS. thanks for your recent comment on my blog!
Your post with the paper artist was incredible. Thanks for finding the restlessness in the photo.
DeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful, thanks for sharing with us. I am off to check out some more of those pictures.
ReplyDeleteSiv Maria's blog, Been there, done that...
Emily and Siv Maria: Any photos with ice and that arctic blue are amazing, aren't they?
DeleteThat photo speaks to me (and I don't like what she's saying!)
ReplyDeleteWinter is coming,
Pearl
Well, if I were in Minnesota, I wouldn't like it either. Winter is coming, and we need the rain.
DeleteBreathtakingly beautiful! This section especially spoke to me:
ReplyDeleteUnmoving sea and salt
Chew away
At ships destined by fate.
I love the way you write!
Thanks, Elisa. Coming from such a talented young writer as yourself, that means so much!
DeleteSo glad I was not a bold one who would gone on a doomed expedition.
ReplyDeleteI loved this, as I yearned to be there. Many thanks.
ReplyDeleteI think I would like to see this from a place of warmth and safety. Being there would be wonderful, though.
Delete