Mom said I made a mess in the kitchen. That I tracked in grass and mud.
Well, boy, you did actually make a mess. You always make a mess when you wear your wellies.
But, Midnight, we had to walk through the tall grass to get to the tall tree. And there was mud, so we had to walk in it.
But, boy. You did not just walk in the mud. You stomped in the mud. See, I have to clean my fur!
She
yelled at me. She said, “You are seven years old, and should know
better than to….” But, I stopped listening, so I don’t know what she
said next.
Yes, boy. You should know better. I am only three, and I know not to make a mess!
Midnight, you’re a cat. Cats are different. They don’t wear wellies.
Yes, boy, we are different. WE don’t splash in mud. Oh, look! The woman is opening the door! She has…
Mum! Biscuits! I promise, I will be careful next time.
No, boy. You will not be more careful, but the mother knows that.

I love this, Susan. So creative!
ReplyDeleteSo happy you enjoyed it.
DeleteAgree with Martha, very creative use of these words and a cute, true story about boys and mud
ReplyDeleteBoys and mud are connected always.
DeleteI've always enjoyed reading and writing conversations among animals or between a human and an animal. Your story has such a ring of truth to it!
ReplyDeletethere indeed is truth in this. Just ask my son.
DeleteI must've been the rare kid that learned better...
ReplyDeleteLucky mom.
DeleteGood one! I love it, but I seldom hear the cat or dog talk, BUT I do sometimes!
ReplyDeleteLove you girl Sending prayers and love your way...
I wonder what cats would say? Glad you enjoyed this.
DeleteNo matter what, the answer is always, yes, child, I love you.
ReplyDeleteAlways.
DeleteThe boy could learn much from the cat.
ReplyDeleteCats are said to have common sense. I wish that were the case with this boy.
DeleteAfter raising 4 boys I would say they were much messier than our cat! But I sure miss those little messes as they are all grown now with mess makers of their own! And cats!
ReplyDeleteYes, boys are gifted in the messy dept. Having kids of your own puts life in focus.
DeleteCute. And so very true.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a photo of my son's cat, Scuba.
DeleteGreat creative writing and interesting too.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Thank you, Victor. From a successful writer whom I admire, that is wonderful.
ReplyDelete