blog Followers

Saturday, June 7, 2025

What an Irish child thinks

 

                                                                        quality of life

Ireland. Ireland, oh you are magnificent.  The country, the green, music, literature, and, most of all, its people are magnificent. 





 

No matter what might be passing in all countries, Irish children have a grasp of language that is peculiar to their country. These ginger haired children have a way of refocusing what is important comparatively.

So, that given, let's all go to the pub, sing some songs, take off pajamas and put on clothes, argue with parents, and above all, be amazed at what a child can do at such a young age.

 

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh they are! Irish kids have such a grasp of the language and lingo.

      Delete
  2. I love hearing Irish children talk! I am from Ohio but I have a little bit of Irish blood and I've always wanted to go visit Ireland. The Irish accent is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to Ireland. don't wait. Putting off something like this means that it probably won't.

      Delete
  3. What a delight they are. Thank you so much for bringing me a smile this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I like the one where the 6 yr old girl was arguing about going to a pub.

      Delete
  5. The first one with pyjamas that say "Rule the World", she certainly does rule her little world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. they were fun to search for at the time I wrote this.

      Delete
  7. they are all adorable and VERY good at talking. My two favorites are the ginger and the little boy singing at the end. I love his eyes and song

    ReplyDelete
  8. So that's the reason my Irish children spoke so early! And I foolishly thought I had something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had something to do with it! Irish children have such a wealth of language from their parents, grandparents.

      Delete
  9. These were all fantastic, Susan, but my favorites were the little girl wanting to go to the pub and the little guy singing O, Danny Boy. And yes, Irish kids seem precocious when it comes to speaking clearly at an early age. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they have the colloquials of the culture. that really adds to their speech.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about some Dubliners music and songs?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Dubliners are wonderful. I think this boy's range is limited.

      Delete
  12. I've followed on Facebook a little Irish lad named Jacob, and he makes me laugh every time. These cuties are adorable, and I could listen to their accents all day! What I know for sure is I was never that adorable as a kiddo...or adult! Ha! Have a great day Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I hear an Irish accent in a store or area like that, it makes me so happy. Hard to describe.

      Delete
  13. As Art Linkletter used to say, Kids say the darndest things

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always thought the Irish were a jolly people. We had an Irish Priest that married us who was a dear friend. My kids are also part Irish on their dad's side. It's a wonderful heritage, isn't it?

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!