blog Followers

Wednesday, May 14, 2025

Goin' fishin'


 I was pregnant with our firstborn when Jaws was released, 1975.  We were at a drive-in close to the Pacific Ocean when a dense fog rolled in. It settled close to the ground, but up to our windows.  The Jaws theme song took on new meaning. 

  




My brothers and I went fishing in the creeks near our farm. I wasn't all that successful, but the memories are good. That is, if you don't count mosquitoes.

Never ever had the joy these children experienced in their fishing. To be the parents of these sweet babies and to watch them make their catch?  That would be awesome.

24 comments:

  1. These kids were adorable. I never went fishing myself. Can't say I like mosquitos either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time we went fishing as a family (I was 4) and I was covered with bites. Mom took me home, left me with Grandma, who put something on the bites.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. My oldest brother came out to visit us in California. We went fishing on a fishing boat that found the fish (technology) for us. I snagged one but that was my claim to catching.

      Delete
  3. While I cannot remember fishing myself I do remember following my father along the river banks. When he caught was when we ate - and there is very little that was better than freshly caught rainbow trout. I have never seen Jaws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You education is sorely lacking! Jaws is an iconic movie.

      Delete
  4. Jaws is just plain scary. As for fishing, I didn't but I was often the adult supervisor when the kids went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oldest brother Don was a boy scout leader, took his own boys out fishing and camping. Good memories.

      Delete
  5. Oh, Susan, how I adored these videos you shared here! No, my dad never taught me to fish, but I sure can identify with those who have learned the patience and tenacity it takes to simply be there in nature and allow God's will to be done. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience is the key word. Fishing requires lots of that.

      Delete
  6. Those kids are so cute. I never caught anything the one time I tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cultural thing, too. Fishing was part of life in our rural area.

      Delete
  7. Never into fishing, but that movie experience is quite the story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ❤️ the water and find fishing to be relaxing and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jaws ... such a good film.

    My beloved Eddie enjoyed fishing and used to take the grandchildren whenever the opportunity arose ... happy memories.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky gr-babies! They will have some great memories.

      Delete
  10. My mother was overdo to deliver her first baby (me). My parents decided to go to the movies. They saw The Beast With Five Fingers. I was born the next morning. Mom was scared into having me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. l bet you heard that story all t hroughout your life!

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!