blog Followers

Wednesday, November 27, 2024

Thanksgiving is about more than food

Thanksgiving!  All sorts of images, scents, and voices come to mind.

Let's watch a country famous for making desserts take on a country famous for eating them.

 May your turkey be moist and may no one use that word to describe it.

 Sorry the family that made you lose all faith in God is going to force you to say grace at Thanksgiving.

 My favorite grocery store is the mailbox.

Family reunions are my favorite place to meet people with the same nose as me.

A few days to Thanksgiving! All the food excitement wafts through Mom's kitchen.  

The pies were cooling on our huge freezer, along with Grandma's pumpkin pudding. Mom's sisters appear with some special dishes, and the cornucopia fills the table. The eating is legend.

                                                        
All the post dinner stuff starts. My own sister and I are in the sink duty. This will last for an hour or more.

The pumpkin desert is cut and handed out to the adults. Our cows gave us cream, which mean whipped cream. Good stuff.

Next year? Who knows what will fill our plates then?




 

21 comments:

  1. Enjoy the day with as many loved ones as you can fit around your table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got together with my husband's siblings not too far from us. 17 people? I think it was at least that!

      Delete
  2. Sounds lovely! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and your family had a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These memes are the best!!! Sink duty aside, I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. My husband's siblings live about an hour's drive, and we got together with them. It was a wonderful day.

      Delete
  5. I pray you and your family had a blessed and beautiful Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being the oldest female makes me the matriarch. Good feeling.

      Delete
  7. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend, Susan...and that enjoyment of life continues.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you did enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving. I'm fortunate. Ray's family gets along and there's plenty of laughter and good food.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!