There are many timeless questions that each person asks of himself:
Who am I?
Why am I here?
Who is God?
Why do bad things happen to good people?
How was the world created?
What happened to the dinosaurs?
What I do if there is a catastrophic event?
Why does money exist?
Who really is in charge of this?
Obviously
this list could get pretty long. I once considered these questions
vital and important. Once I turned my life over to God, the big
questions became small and unimportant. God had it all covered.
However, I am concerned about other things, and have created a new list:
Where did I park the car?
By the way, where are the car keys?
Did I close the garage door?
What is the expiration date on _____?
What is that person’s name—the one approaching me with a big smile?
Where is the next exit off the freeway?
Where is the closest bathroom?
I mean it, where is the closest bathroom?
What is the price of this___? The print is too small.
These are pretty basic questions, I’ll give you that.
But, they matter to me.
I suspect there are many readers who could add to this list.
Any other questions you would suggest?



I'm the same; where is the closest bathroom, and then what time is the next bus home?
ReplyDeleteThe bathroom question is really important. I think women have this thought. At one time when we lived in Ireland, I learned how to ask where a bathroom was in French, German, and Spanish.
DeleteYour big questions don't bother me much. The small ones - and River's addition do. I also worry about the state of public toilets. There are a couple in our city centre that I will only use in times of extreme need.
ReplyDeleteOh, I hear you. I have decided that I do not have to pee right then.
DeleteI love this! You covered all my questions except for “where’s my glasses?” or “where’s the remote” I seem to ask those two daily.
ReplyDeleteGood post. 👍🏻
Yup. those are in my repertoire of questions.
DeleteRight there with you, Susan! (Debby, too.) We used to make fun of our grandmother for putting things in a 'safe place' -- now it's not so funny anymore.
ReplyDeleteWhy can't remember where that safe place is.
DeleteWith the few bathroom accidents I've had over the years it's surprising I go out at all.
ReplyDeleteMy hubbie had that same problem. HE had to have prostate operation and it fixed it.
DeleteI must admit, this made me laugh, Susan. Yes, where is the closest bathroom and where did I put my glasses? When and how did I get so old? LOL! So grateful that God has everything under control.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
IF I ever find all the stuff I have put in a "logical place", the house will heave a sigh of relief.
DeleteMy main question is What am I doing here? Then I fall asleep.
ReplyDeleteA great choice.
DeleteGot to go along with this one...
ReplyDeleteI understand.
DeleteDid I set the alarm?
ReplyDeleteYup, God has that first batch covered!
That is a good question to ask.
DeleteI don't have many questions. If I can think of the question, the answer finds me.
ReplyDeleteAnswer finds me, now that's a great answer.
DeleteThe second set is perennial, especially for my Sweetie. He loses everything..
ReplyDeleteMy sweetie always searches for things that are clearly visible.
Delete