blog Followers

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

99.78% is the truth.

 
 

 This movie was a surprise, in many ways.  With such a boatload of respected actors, it was released to a limited time at some theaters, on Dec. 21, 2021 . It became another movie  on Netflix Dec. 24, three days later.

The presidential debates?

The Finality
 
There are many views of this movie.  Here a few:

"The whole movie really emphasized the pure truth: - how politicians are telling lies - how powerful technology billionaires are - the privilege of rich people - the ignorance of people about scientific threats"

"Idk if I'm over analyzing but my favorite detail about this scene is how he's holding the coffee mug at the end. He has his hand on the hot part not by the handle, almost like a last bit of comfort/distraction, a little warmth, the very thing that brought life in the first place."
 
There are many many comments about this movie, all of them shaking their heads and saying "This looks strangely possible, and the politicians are also strangely scary in the view of their power."

If you have time, watch this.  The comedy is good, message is even better.

12 comments:

  1. Movies anymore someone has to sit on me until I get interested. But that one comment made me think about how politics just makes me want to go out and stare into God's skies and remember He's in control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is some sort of moon shape, Strawberry Moon, I think. On June 21, I think.

      Delete
  2. I don't know how I missed this one, Susan, although we never go out to the movies anymore. I think I watch enough news to know that politicians are not the most honest of people.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This never made it to everyday cable. It was/is on NetFlix where we watched it.

      Delete
  3. Straight to Netflix speaks volumes. I remember the previews and thought it looked silly. Although I love a good dystopian, end of the world movie and have seen nearly all of them, this one looked like it was funny in all the wrong places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen this movie. Is it only on Netflix?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in "certain theaters" for 3 days. It is a perfect Netflix movie.

      Delete
  5. I had heard of this movie from the start, as I am into SF and dystopian fiction but I don't have Netflix and didn't try to get a subscription. That closing clip was beautiful, with the shaman and the family at dinner. At this point in our existence I think many of us would react exactly as the people in the middle video did and perhaps that's the saddest thing of all. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well written. The director had such a strong view.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!