blog Followers

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Two sides, One goal



History will judge us.  It always does.

The musical "1776" in movie and on stage revealed more about the Declaration of Independence than I ever thought about. Each video is about 4 minutes long.


Vote yes


                                        Cool Considerate men


Molasses to Rum to Slaves

At one point, Adams and Franklin are discussing how history will view them. He said don't worry we'll be dead and that history would clean it all up.  

If you can watch this, do! So many good actors, such good music, and  messages for our generations are there.





 

12 comments:

  1. One of these days I'll sit down and watch this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite musicals. It's so well written. Thanks for reminding me of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing it in the high school auditorium where they got special permission to show it. It made quite an impression on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope others in the auditorium felt that way too.

      Delete
  4. I love this musical and will listen to it again at some point. I wish that people today would wake up and appreciate what our Founding Fathers did for us and for posterity. No country on earth can compare. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that could happen, that would be interesting.

      Delete
  5. People can learn so much from world history. But often, they don't.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

      Delete
  6. It's too bad people don't learn from history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One would think that the thousands of years would have convince people to look at the results.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!