blog Followers

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Post Christmas Blues

 

Christmas always comes to an abrupt end, it seems. For 2 1/2 solid months, the stores have been draped with garlands, dripping bright ornaments, while Halloween candy is in shopping cart marked "50% off". Carols of all types have been playing in a loop, but for some reason they have been classier this year.

Celebrating and loving with our family is a wonderful year long fest. So, pick up all that wrapping paper, down the eggnog, and finish up all those little chores.

Here is before:

Walmart sells everything.


Here is after:

undefined
after the Christmas rush

But, no one sees what is really left behind:


Dump site for carts from all stores
There were mountains of shopping carts tossed in the field.
After a month or so, these were all gone. 


Christmas is over, yes, but we will continue rejoicing for the entire year. No matter how strange and scary our lives are now, we will continue to rejoice. 

After all, Christmas is only 11 months and a few days away.

 

21 comments:

  1. Wash your mouth out. I am always happy when the Christmas fuss is done and dusted. And hopefully enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, we settle into January. Always interesting to see what the New Year holds.

      Delete
  2. since we are a tourist town and in Florida, our WM looks this way almost year round, summer beachers, and winter residents. i beat the crowds by shopping WM at 6 am to 9 am. all other times it is jammed. we don't do holidays in our house, just the two of us, so it is just another day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always enjoy it. Family or no, Christmas always blesses us.

      Delete
  3. As Scrooge did, we should strive to keep Christmas in our hearts all year long. Hope yours was merry and bright, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wonderful day with the Kane family. 20+ people, loud and laughing.

      Delete
  4. It's going to feel even more abrupt to me as I didn't really get Christmas again this year. Sigh. Damn cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you still enjoyed the time off from teaching. You are probably knitting up a storm.

      Delete
  5. I was VERY glad to NOT hear Mariah carey in the stores this year. My local supermarket now has New Year items where the Christmas items were. I really wish people wouldn't dump trolleys just anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must glad that corny Christmas music is finished. One year in Walmart, I was stuck in a line and the canned music got to me.

      Delete
  6. I'm ready for next year. When I was working in a department store it seemed as if every song played in the store was Christmas In Killarney. Arg........

    ReplyDelete
  7. At work we had Christmas music going the week before. If you recall I help do colonoscopies. Would you like the chipmunk song during your procedure? After all the decor is gone the house seems very empty but I'm always ready for a new year that brings lots of possibilities. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and will have a healthy and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You told it like it is.... Merry Christmas a couple days late...

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas, through Epiphany, it's not such an abrupt end.

    Carl, my Monday client, pushes carts at "MallMart." He can tell you about losing carts to people who take them to walk the groceries home, then just leave them lying around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to see more homeless pushing carts around, piled with their stuff.

      Delete
  10. I don't like to be miserable one bit, so if I feel I'm going in that direction, I work on finding the joy once again. And it always works. I live with no other humans, but I have the world's best dog, who assists me in bringing joy to our home.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!