blog Followers

Friday, December 1, 2023

Christmas of our past


Our own "Monkey Ward" book; we wore that thing out.  We kept it up into February when it was shredded. Are there are Wards fans out there?

 Montgomery Ward CATALOG - Christmas, 1960 ~~ toy, toys, Wards | Vintage fisher price toys ...



dolls presents children girls 

 

12 Holly, Jolly Photos of Christmas From the 1950s 

Christmas in the 1950s | Vintage christmas photos, 1950s christmas, Christmas spirit 

School Christmas Parties. | School christmas party, Christmas party, Historical figures 

Christmas Vintage Style 1950's | Vintage christmas, Vintage style 1950s, Winter christmas 

Christmas Tree Train, Ghost Of Christmas Past, Old Christmas, Holiday Season Christmas ...


Christmas in the 50s | Vintage christmas, Christmas pictures vintage, 1950s christmas

12 Holly, Jolly Photos of Christmas From the 1950s

These gems are from "Google Images vintage 1950s Christmas photos", Pinterest, and many other great sites.

17 comments:

  1. Not one I have even heard of. I don't think it made it over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a post WW2 explosion of shopping. I think the stores were around until 1980s.

      Delete
  2. It's only very recently that a local Montgomery Ward building was torn down or repurposed (over in Huntington Beach). It still had a sign up as recently as 2000 (but the building was empty). Although, I might be misremembering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so sad to see that happen. Same with Sears.

      Delete
  3. I'd not heard of Wards ...
    I enjoyed seeing the 50's photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What memories these evoke! My personal favorite was the Miles Kimball catalog. I'm still getting all sorts of (unrequested) catalogs, but haven't seen MK in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miles Kimball? I wish Montgomery Ward still exist ed.

      Delete
  5. These photos certainly stir up wonderful memories for me, Susan. Christmas past meet Christmas present!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures THANKS.
    Remember the catalogs well. But Sears was ours. Mama got her chickens there also,
    [-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sears was around but more popular in Chicago and cities.

      Delete
  7. Those catalogs were fun, we had Sears, and a few mail order companies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We spent hours with our catalogs. they were literally shredded, in pieces.

      Delete
  8. awe! these old pics are delightful
    the simplicity of environment and innocence on faces wow so much treasured beauty were olden days !

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!