blog Followers

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Weddings to be Remembered

Arezzo wedding photographer freezes the action in this image of the bride and groom running down an alley in the pouring rain

 via: matrimonio.pourfemme.it

 .via:
Generally, at one time or another everyone manages to attend one or more weddings.  Pretty generic most of the time, but sometimes amazing things happen at weddings.  Not just the expensive wedding gown, flowers, etc. But surprising and memorable things.

At my own wedding, my-almost-husband fainted, dropped down like a sack of feed.  Down.  Out cold.  He was okay, we ended up married, so all was well.  However, my small town of 427 had years of stories like that. Our wedding, now 50 years past, is still remember.

Then there are the melting cakes.  

I personally have been at three family weddings where the heat and humidity caused the cakes to droop with icing cascading down the layers. 


My sister’s cake—the layers nearly slid off each other, onto the table.
  
My sis-in-law’s wedding in Chicago, mid-July, the icing was sagging and turning into a puddle.  

Same thing with another sis-in-law--pure sugar water fall. 

Some weddings are sunny mornings with the tent all set up, tables with tablecloths, with crowning wedding cake in the center of dance floor.  
Then a storm whips up, winds sweep, and all disappear into the manicured grass. Awesome. Have been in some storm reception in that.
 
Source

But, the best part is the wedding cake.  I love eating wedding cake.  Skip the chicken and broccoli, let’s move on to the wedding cake.

Those weddings are the best—when something goes wrong and people have to problem solve.   
 
Those are the great.
 
Of course, the cake would be interesting, esp. when it is falling to the ground. I've been there.Saw it all. 
 
It didn't go well. 
 

 


  

11 comments:

  1. My own wedding had several gatecrashers, friends of my new brother-in-law who dropped in after their footy match for the free food, same brother-in-law loved the caramel pies so much he almost ate the lot on his own. Waking up the next morning, hubby stepped out to get the newspaper and found himself face to face with his new father-in-law who was booked into the room next door. No cake disasters though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your wedding gaffes can be beat beat a few other disasters..

      Delete
  2. I have not seen a wedding disaster, but I have only been to maybe 5 in my whole life so not much of a chance. my wedding disaster was we got married in a hurricane in Sept in Savannah GA and the marriage was a huuricane turned tornado until it spiraled down and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a heck of a thing! Our problem was an ice sheet that froze over the roads.

      Delete
  3. I haven't officially been to a wedding ever. I've grazed by a couple, but not actually attended attended. I guess I'm a unicorn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has attended some reception, nothing bad happened. Dang.

      Delete
  4. My wedding went as planned but I have a tale to tell about my #3 son's that was here at the Pines. Yep, all day it was sunshine and lovely. They were previous married at the Justice of the peace so it was just the reception that day. All looked fabulous until that pesty tornado came whipping through. All guest were ushered into the house, crammed like sardines. A long story short...no major damage and everyone had fun..except me who was a mess, but just when all was going good a kind young man brought in the 5 gal container of lemonade only to drop it and spill all that lovely stickiness onto my kitchen floor and up the dress of a few of the attendees..yep, a great time was had by all! The cake was beautiful though! I do believe I blogged about at the time! The happy couple are now happily divorced so I guess it was an omen? Ha! Have a great July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tornado and sticky lemonade, can't be better. Well, that is not true. Our farm road was iced and people were generally good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The week we were married was the roads were iced. What a memory.

      Delete
  6. We had some fun wedding mishaps. My attitude at the time was to laugh, it makes good memories, and i was right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good behavior choices there! Laughing is good, esp. now.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!