blog Followers

Monday, April 18, 2022

Diapers at the Altar

 There’s a storm comin’!  I tell you a storm!” Pastor yelled, pounding the pulpit.  “ARE YOU READY?”


The congregation shouted Amen, Praise the Lord…waking Emily from her nap on the pew.  
 
 
Mama was standing, being one of the Amen group.

Emily rolled and then planted her chubby little feet on the maple floor.  The walking thing was still iffy, but she had the crawl-ing down.  Distance to the pulpit wasn’t far at all, and at a fast crawl, Emily could cover it before Mama noticed.

And, off she took, under pews, between legs, around feet, past purses.  Oh, Emily knew she was fearless, and this would be another time she found freedom, with her white diaper bottom wagging behind.

“Can you make a joyous noise to the Lord??” Pastor roared. Cue the organist, who joined in with a chorus from different hymns.

Emily reached the pulpit and pulled herself up, pounding on the cross.
Diaper-deals
Source

  Root out sin!  Let joy rise as a fragrance to the Lord!” He raised his arms, pointing to heaven.

Emily plopped down on her bottom, onto a loaded and ripe diaper.  You betcha!  Emily clapped and cooed as Mama came running.

Thank you, Elephant's Child  at its original form for providing the bold underlined italicized words!  She tossed 6 to 12 words out at writers to take up a challenge in their writing each week. 
 
For the month of April the words burst from the mind of messymimismeanderings Should be good!

This is a 2015 post. 
Wherever we go, there are some amazingly cute precious babies. I look at the parents with a smile, pat my chest                                                                                    and say "Grandma". They smile.
 
I remember a blogger writing about a child in her church doing something similar, but way more adventurous.

18 comments:

  1. LOL Imma thinking of several instances, but you certainly put THAT scene into words, good stuff. We
    could about see and smell! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 3 yr. old son needed to urinate at church. He stepped into the aisle and dropped undies. I grabbed him and ran to the loo. It coulda been.

      Delete
  2. Emily's going to spend her life going places. That's a fun story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world is filled with amazingly cute precious babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babies remind me that there is good in the world.

      Delete
  4. More adventurous? Did the diaper come off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love it.... I can see and smell it happening

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this so much! Loved all the build up and finale. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once the intro to the dirty diaper came, she had the reader.

      Delete
  7. Oh my. I'm sure that caused quite a commotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly would wake up the dozing congregants.

      Delete
    2. The teens in the back pews would probably add to the problems.

      Delete
    3. In fact, I know the teens were enjoying the ambience.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!