I get the migraines too, from time to time. And boy, do I know about life changing. I'm in the midst of it now, but the good thing is, things happen... and it won't be this way forever, and hopefully not even for long. :)
I get migraines as atmospheric pressure bottoms out before a rain. Wife calls me barometer-head. Joan Didion wrote a fine essay about her similar affliction entitled "In Bed." It's online somewhere.
Things can change very quickly in life.
ReplyDeleteI have watched commercials about texting and driving--enough to realize just how quickly.
DeleteLifes full of surprises thats for sure!
ReplyDeleteChock full!
DeleteJust like that. Snap. When I went over like a felled tree from the stroke. My legs were as sound as ever, my brain no longer knew how to use them,
ReplyDeleteSudden change of life...before one has the time to process it.
DeleteThings sure can change on a dime, and most times it isn't good.
ReplyDeleteI wonder where that phrase "change/spin on a dime" came from? Accurate phrase.
DeleteLife can spin on a dime for sure....everything okay over there?
ReplyDeleteHad an episode called "complex migraine" a week ago. Added meaning to "suddenly".
DeleteI remember my Mom suffering from migraine. I feel for you. Be good to yourself.
DeleteI think I am good to everyone else but myself. Habit.
DeleteGreat thoughts indeed. Things do happen.
ReplyDeleteI think everyone, at one time or another, has experienced events like this.
DeleteJust when the world seem all fine..... bang. It happens.
ReplyDeleteFine to awful in 1 second.
DeleteMigraine madness and mayhem?
ReplyDeleteI hope it is over now.
Do you get a 'hang-over' for a couple of days aftewards as well?
Yes, dragging my self by a sheer force of will.
DeleteOh yeah. So true.
ReplyDeleteYou too!? Percentages rate women as the most frequent migrainers. Wonder why.
DeleteI get the migraines too, from time to time.
ReplyDeleteAnd boy, do I know about life changing. I'm in the midst of it now, but the good thing is, things happen... and it won't be this way forever, and hopefully not even for long. :)
There is always that hope and promise.
DeleteAgain I am at my daughter's house, whose name is above. Just so's you know.
DeleteI get migraines as atmospheric pressure bottoms out before a rain. Wife calls me barometer-head. Joan Didion wrote a fine essay about her similar affliction entitled "In Bed." It's online somewhere.
ReplyDeleteBarometric pressure is the absolutely worst enemy. I will have to find that "In Bed".
DeleteMy daughter has two amazing girls and I am blessed to be their Grandma. So I used her computer today.
DeleteThe one constant of life
ReplyDeleteThe one constant in life is change, good or bad.
DeleteI think my daughter would agree with that.
Delete