A friend laughed at our family joke about putting you name on something you hoped to have passed on some day. At her own house she glanced up at her chandelier one day, pulled down a tiny piece of paper she noticed and read my sister's name.
My favorite painting is an original by my dad. I paid for him to take a class as a birthday gift. In turn, he gifted me with the painting. I am not gonna pass it on. I do wonder if any of my kids wants an original of mine. Like you said, the courage to ask....
About once a year I get an urge and rearrange the art. If someone wanted one, it would be theirs for the asking. I have sold a few but many will never leave.
A friend laughed at our family joke about putting you name on something you hoped to have passed on some day. At her own house she glanced up at her chandelier one day, pulled down a tiny piece of paper she noticed and read my sister's name.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome!
DeleteI'll bet that gave her a shock lol.
ReplyDeleteIt would certainly set her back a bit.
DeleteHow very true. One doesn't see paintings much. In fact you have made me have a look at ours again.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I could move them aorund a bit, renew them,.
DeleteThere is a lot of wisdom here. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteDo you have some wall hangings that need to take a trip?
DeleteSometimes they just blend it after a while
ReplyDeletein
DeleteThey become squares and rectangles.
DeleteI don't have paintings, my walls are covered in collages of family photos. I don't know which of the kids I'd give them to, probably the youngest.
ReplyDeleteIt depends on so many elements when it comes to culling through those paintings, prints, photos.
DeleteArt should be enjoyed by many. By passing it around it can be
ReplyDeleteNow comes the courage to make the offer.
DeleteMy favorite painting is an original by my dad. I paid for him to take a class as a birthday gift. In turn, he gifted me with the painting. I am not gonna pass it on. I do wonder if any of my kids wants an original of mine. Like you said, the courage to ask....
ReplyDeletePlease, do. Ask now. You may not get the answer you want, but at least you asked.
ReplyDeleteAbout once a year I get an urge and rearrange the art. If someone wanted one, it would be theirs for the asking. I have sold a few but many will never leave.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea!
Delete