| Krysztof (Kriss) Szkurlatowski @12frames.eu |
The Letter M
Where does one go with the letter "M"? Mystery, mundane, macabre...
There are many many more.
I am a "sky watcher" (very small play on words here), always waiting and hoping for the next bird to soar by (with exception to the crows). Swooping and rising on the warm drafts, birds are simply amazing.
M is for “Murmurations with Dylan Winter
There is nothing more to be said about this, except "Wasn't that amazing?"
You will need YouTube Video Player to watch this video.
And you will be glad you do.
And you will be glad you do.
Really amazing. Like one, large, undulating creature occupying the sky.
ReplyDeleteThat was amazing,especially how many of them were working together .
ReplyDeleteWow, half a million beating wings--I can't believe how great this video was. I also love Dylan's voice. :-)
ReplyDeleteDeb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com
Yes, it certainly is. Wow! Thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteOne almost wishes to be a sylph and able to soar around with them. So incredibly magical!
ReplyDeleteI have seen this before and I am still mesmerized by it.
ReplyDeleteWow, that was like they were all as one, no one better get in their way
ReplyDeleteOne of the most amazing sights in nature, that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteThey're like one living, breathing organism!!
ReplyDeleteHi Susan,
ReplyDeleteI have had the amazing pleasure to have been in awe of witnessing that wonder of wings. Clouds of living flight.
Marvellous and thanks for the video.
Gary
Just amazing. Sounds like a cliche, but it's really how it feels watching the freedom of birds, reading this. Awe inspiring.
ReplyDeleteSilvia @
SilviaWrites
That WAS amazing! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteSarah Allen
(From Sarah, With Joy)
Each and every time I see this I am awed and humbled. Great m word - thank you.
ReplyDeleteIt's like a joyous dance at the end of day. A thank you to the earth, the sun. Lucky for us that we have eyes to see.
ReplyDeleteThis is beyond belief the way they know the way to go into formation.
ReplyDeleteI've seen something similar with ducks when I was walking Cody at the vacant fair grounds. 2 gigantic formations came from opposite sides and joined together. The sky was black with ducks. They kept changing formations almost over my head. I've seen ducks fly in that single formation but never anything like this. Where was my video camera when I needed it.
Thanks for post this video..... it's really fantastic to watch.
I saw this with Canadian geese along the Mississippi river. It looked like a black tornado in late October. We stopped to watch it; my dad was driving, and he didn't really think it was so special. He had seen it all his life.
DeleteI've been so distracted by murmurations some one had to remind me I was driving a car.Actually, I pulled off, along with another mile of traffic, to watch.
ReplyDeleteAmazing how they each keep their own spot and don't crash
ReplyDeleteI loved that video - thanks so much for finding it and posting. I had to share it.
ReplyDeleteSo wonderful; it takes my breath away.
ReplyDeleteThat video was amazing. I would love to see that in person. That flock is really stunning to watch.
ReplyDeleteI am always amazed by how many birds flock together!
ReplyDeleteSusan, that is simply stunning. Seen this before but, wow, it always takes my breath away. And I love Dylan Winter's enthusiasm ... guy is as cute as a bug.
ReplyDeleteDave and I aren't birdwatchers in any formal sense but nothing brings us as much joy as seeing them in the great outdoors.
Truly amazing.
ReplyDeleteI'll agree that birds are amazing, but then I'm a bit biased. These murmurations are truly fascinating to watch. I recall several years ago hearing about someplace (in Illinois I think) where there was such a problem with starlings that they were firing cannons or shooting of fireworks or something to scare them off. Apparently the sheer numbers of them were doing some kind of damage.
ReplyDeleteGood word and video.
Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog
I always think of Murmurations with a capital 'M' because of the large numbers of birds involved. We see small groups (up to c20 birds) in the early evening gaining numbers each time they go around, Then they just disappear - we always wonder whether they have gone to join a proper Murmuration.
ReplyDeleteAwesome video. We should respect our little avian friends really. They've been here far longer than us, far longer than the dinosaurs!
ReplyDeleteThat was beautiful and mesmerizing. Those little guys are quite impressive.
ReplyDelete