![]() |
| Source |
Towers as dust rises
Pillars of creation
Brilliant light consumes
Divided and torn
Infants emerge
Fire explodes
Streams of gas
Towering peaks
Arrows sail
This is a re-post from 2016. "Dragon" has landed at the Space Station, a new crew off loaded. Now the two abandoned station crew will be carried home by this unique space craft. Poor people! They have been there for 8 months and have had to put up with each other all that time Could you do it? Could you get stuck somewhere and cannot be rescued for months? I don't know. Maybe..

The Spirit in the Sky, Norman Greenbaum, 1970

So glad those astronauts are finally home! No, I couldn't do that. Beautiful poem, Susan. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteGlad they are home. Technology is amazing.
DeleteI love this song! Like Martha, I'm enormously grateful our astronauts are home. I'd have been hyperventilating after only a day.
ReplyDeleteOh, yes. And get that tightening in your chest.
DeleteI started humming this song as soon as I saw your title in feedly list and glad you included it, i am listening while i type this. good excersie song, will add it to my playlist. i love the poem, fits the photo perfectly and no, i could not do what they did up there but then i would never even think about going up there to begin with. i am claustrophobic and we had a few fights over the news when i told bob i could not watch or here anything talking about it. i felt like i could not breathe and if i were in that tiny space with bob we would both have died
ReplyDeleteClaustrophobia is part of my growing old stage. I am realizing how fragile life is, and being up there would be beyond awful
DeleteI would struggle.
ReplyDeleteI would go wonky about the 2nd month.
DeleteI would not have gone up in the first place! lol
ReplyDeleteI prefer to look up at the stars from here.
DeleteI haven't heard Norman in a while. Nice.
ReplyDeleteNo space for me. Eating and pooping in space? No thanks.
Making popcorn in space? that would be a possibly bad move.
DeleteI'm sure the astronauts were happy to get back to earth. Did you see the interview they did a couple weeks before leaving? They seemed in good spirits. They'd been up there before, so they understood what had happened. Better to be stranded in a space station than to take a craft back to earth and have it fail on the way.
ReplyDeleteI think I would take the chance. Can;t stay up there forever.
DeleteIt's one of the realities they face, although I am glad they are back. Space is amazing and dangerous.
ReplyDeleteSpace is beyond our imagination. God creates amazing places.
DeleteLove that first colourful image, think it would look great on a black coffee mug. I'm glad those people are home now. I could maybe stick it out up there if I had enough reading matter, but I don't want to try it and find out.
ReplyDeleteHaving books to read would ease my mind.
DeleteIsn't that a great song? I have always liked it.
ReplyDeleteBrings back memories.
DeleteI'm so glad they arrived back safe and sound. I know I would not do well in a small space for that long! Plus, like that sweet astronaut, I would have to have my hair cut and colored more than once in 8 months! (I'm so vain...another fun song)
ReplyDeleteI thought the same thing! She made do.
DeleteI was pleased to see the astronauts safely back but I do wonder what the long term affect on them will be ... we have been told a close medical eye will be kept on them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the music video.
All the best Jan
glad you enjoyed it. True--what health problems will these two people develop?
Delete