blog Followers

Saturday, August 17, 2024

The Ants go marching....

 

 Youtube, 2 + minutes.  worth every damn ants perishing..

Ants have invaded our kitchen, and we have been doing battle with them for a week.  I know it is the result of extreme dry heat (100 deg. most days) and lack of water. But we deserve a break. 

My kitchen counters have never been soooo clean. I use Fantastick with bleach.  How long does it last before they regroup? I honestly don't know.

  But, it could be worst.


 YouTube, 45 sec. , from Borneo or rain forest areas.

 


 Youtube, about 3+ minutes.  

I apologize for this lengthy post.  Can you feel my pain?

Ants could take over our houses, woodlands, and just about any where else.  Seriously.  They are dedicated.

Just when you thought I was done, here it is:

about 4 min. long
 Kingdom of the Ants with recognizable actors sometimes

Hopefully, you will take care of invading ants with determination and a sense of revenge.

 

 

 

24 comments:

  1. We had ants this spring. Usually, spray gets rid of them but this year it didn't work. So we got small tubes with ant poison in them. The ants take the bait back to the colony and in a couple of days, no more ants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I will check out! This is a time of desperation.

      Delete
    2. Just came back from Lowe's. The ants should disappear, please God.

      Delete
  2. This is the first year of more than ten I have lived here that we have not had ants. I have no idea why. I hope they finally found a new home to invade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I know. Ants, if allowed, could extend their kingdom. No exceptions.

      Delete
  4. Seems like we have to battle these invasive critters every spring, Susan. What pests!
    Blessings for a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your house is ant free. My kitchen counters have never been so clean.

      Delete
  5. My home is ant free, but the grounds these flats stand on are riddled with ant nests, so sitting on the grass is impossible unless you like having them crawl over you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time we took our young children on an overnight camping trip. John set up the tent and I did food stuff. Unfortunately the tent was on top of a red ant hill. We moved and did fine.

      Delete
  6. That third one is massive! Melted aluminum? Interesting way to kill ants. Are are insidious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered how much the aluminum cost. And the concrete (4+ tons of it) is incredible.

      Delete
  7. A yearly problem for me too. I hate coming down in the morning to see those blighter walking across my kitchen surfaces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To kill ants humanly: Get a flat stone. Place on it a mixture of sugar and pepper. The ants will be attracted by the sugar, breathe in the pepper, sneeze, and knock themselves dead against the stone.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try that. If this will take them out, I will sure try it.

      Delete
  9. Victor's advice above was very interesting. We don't have mosquitoes and we don't have fleas here, but I'm sure we must have ants. I don't remember any ant encounters lately though, certainly never in my house. Instead I have mice in my house every now and then, not sure what is worse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They never give up. I hope you win, I hope we all do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you remember the big black ants that I remember from my youth. Big. Not aggressive. But the red ants came in and ate them up.

      Delete
  11. I use Zevo Ant spray. It's non-toxic to humans and pets. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ants can be so annoying, that's for sure, especially in the kitchen when you wake up and there's a trail of them. I always just use any stakes, and that seems to take care of the problem. I hope you found a solution since writing this post.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!