Every now and then, a blogger asks odd things. Here, a blogger wanted other bloggers to write 10 unknown things about themselves. So, here you go:
1. I really enjoy reading children’s books, all types and ages. The art and the language thrill me.
2. “Doctor Who” has been a favorite series, from way back. I lost touch with my Who roots in 1985, and recently have returned to the TARDIS.
3. I yearn to live in a place where the predominant nature color is green. We moved from Ireland to So. California, where green tends to be faded most of the year.
4.
I am playing the piano again. Oh, not with a performance goal, but to
hear the music, and feel it. Then I had to have surgery on both hands. Soon, piano, Soon. God has given
music back to me, and I play for Him and me.
5 Seeing a baby renders me incapable of logical thought. I melt.
6.
People amaze me. Knowing that every car on the freeway holds a family with thoughts and dreams like me—well, that is
just amazing.
7.
I am not confrontational. Over my teaching years, there were
situations where I had to go toe-to-toe with some aggressive (sometimes
abusive) parents. It took everything in me, but it was God’s words that
came out.
8. I realize that my years ahead are probably countable using one hand of my digits.
9. I miss my mother more than words can say.
10. Rain invigorates me.
Write 10 things about yourself, post them?
I enjoyed getting to know you better, Susan. I won't bore you with ten facts about me here, but that's a great way to challenge our readers. I do hope and pray that your hands will continue to improve so that you can get back to your piano. Music is so healing and comforting! My husband has played guitar for over fifty years, and it is such a joy to be able to play Christian songs at our church every other week.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed Independence Day!
You couldn't bore me. If you get a chance, write about the things you know about yourself.
DeleteWow, IDK if I could do something like this off the top- or bottom- of my head....
ReplyDeleteI am guessing that you could come up with something.
Delete#8, surely not? you are younger than I am and I think we have plenty more years yet.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are right. My parents lived to be 83. One gr-ma lived to be 91, and the other gr-ma was 83. So genetically, I could possible live longer. My brain tells me that I am about 37.
DeleteI can feel your thoughts on #8. I just said to Bob, 2 months from today I will be 80 and 3 weeks later you will be 88. we are past our expiration dates for sure... I feel like I am 40. ha ha.. that is the age I was when we got married. that means we better get busy doing the things we love, you the piano and me the iPad music and drawing dumb stuff on it.. the rest of your list just think MadSnapper is the opposite of you. about the way you feel about babies. I feel that way when I see dogs and sometimes cats.
ReplyDeleteThis growing old thing is, at times, that totally frustrate me. I am 72 here in community of 55+ people. Many are in their 80s, 90s. They could have been our babysitter.
DeleteWhew, #8 sure resonates at this side of the monitor. Only yesterday I learned a long-time co-worker/friend -- 5 years my junior -- has passed away.
ReplyDeleteI suspect my life's an open book (here on Blogger, that is) .... yet, you're tempting me to do a like-kind post. That, or a "3 lies and a truth"? Hmmm.
Go for up. Have us bloggers try to guess which are false and which is true.
DeleteI like this. #5 made me smile.
ReplyDeletewhen I need a baby fix, we go to Sam's Club where there are all sorts of baby and toddlers. I feel much better after smiling so much.
DeleteI love reading your 10 things and so many of them resonate with me -- but especially missing your mom more than you can say. Me, too. I'm so glad you are getting your music and your hands back. That is joyful.
ReplyDeleteBaby steps. I usually work my rt. hand too much, and then I use an ice pack/
DeleteIt was nice to learn a few things about you. I also do a post from time to time about getting to know your blog friends. So many things I could relate to on your post today. Children's books are my favorite too. I used to take piano lessons when I was a young girl, but can only play a couple songs to this day. Reading the notes was always hard for me, so I played by ear. It was beautiful what you said about playing for God soon. And I miss my mother dearly as well. Also, my daughters live in So Cal, and although it's not quite the same as northern Cal, there are parts that are green, and some areas are close to the mountains. You just have to find them. Love the painting of the girl writing on your post today. : )
ReplyDelete~Sheri
Thanks for sharing these bits of your life.
Deleteenjoyed reading this. I just might do this on my blog. OH, glad you and the piano are becoming reacquainted, I do envy you!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear your voice!! I would love to see what 10 things you come up with.
DeleteIt is good to know oneself and to be satisfied with the results.
ReplyDeleteGod bless always.
Knowing oneself is vital.
Delete