
Disturbed, with Draiman singing the Israel anthem.
David Draiman is Jewish, was educated in Israel, studied in America.
The Light with David Draiman
Each is about 3 min. long, worth listening to at least part of it. This is a real departure from what I had heard before. His voice is hypnotic.
I met the Disturbed music quite by accident. It was my 10 yr. old gr-daughter who showed me the new cover of Sound of Silence played some selections that I really enjoyed.
Thing is that if I had not fallen in love with David Draiman and his powerful voice, I would never have gone to find his work, even listened to him. Happy accidents.
One of the guitarists brought his 9 yr oldThere you have it. I have fallen in love Disturbed and David Draiman.
This is a repost from Jan. 2022.
Watching the war in Israel and Palestine, how can we not
be horrified
History teaches so much. Sadly the younger university
students seem to be skewed. Lack of understanding history will
doom generations whose minds reach only so far.
Pray for the Israel. Pray for its people.
ג וַאֲבָרְכָה, מְבָרְכֶיךָ, וּמְקַלֶּלְךָ, אָאֹר; וְנִבְרְכוּ בְךָ , כֹּל מִשְׁפְּחֹת הָאֲדָמָה3 “I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse. Genesis 12:3
Blew up the Rabbi's van! Wow.
ReplyDeleteNot a fan of the band but definitely standing with Israel.
burning up the van?! His parents must have been horrified.
DeletePraying for Israel and for all who are caught up in this horrifying attack.
ReplyDeleteToo many innocents have died already, and more will follow. May God place His hands around Israel.
DeleteAll my life I was taught to support Israel, of course WE do. Prayers.
ReplyDeleteSherry & jack
ps: Wish I could enjoy music, but no longer..... I miss it.
I understand. I used to play piano for church. With hand surgeries that part of my life seems to be fading away.
DeleteNot my type of music, Susan, but David's voice is absolutely outstanding. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, praying for Israel around the clock.
The group is diverse.
DeleteOne has to have a powerful voice for that kind of music. I'm glad he found his place.
ReplyDelete
Deletewell said.
Praying for the peace of Jerusalem.
ReplyDeleteAmen.
DeleteI think you've featured Disturbed on here before. Great group.
ReplyDeleteDraiman has a voice and a message. Praying for Israel people and freedom.
DeleteHe does have a very nice voice and I'm glad he chooses to share it with the rest of the world.
ReplyDeleteDraiman has sung "Sound of Silence" that blew me away.
Deleteexcellent post and yes, his voice is tremendous. I have been to some Jewish ceremonies and always struck by the cantor's skills.
ReplyDeleteI agree that somehow, someway history needs to be taught and students must be allowed some "critical thinking" (I know that's a bad concept these days). However, people need to understand the past to avoid a repeat of horror. Big sigh for this world, my friend. I try to be positive, but SO much is worrisome right now. Meanwhile, music is a huge plus!
History is being sliced and diced. I wonder how much history will be remembered in 10 years.
Delete