blog Followers

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Have mercy on us all

We need mercy.  The world needs mercy.  Our country needs mercy.

Mercy comes from God, only.


 

I find myself saying randomly, "Lord, have mercy."  Every time I listen to the current events, that is what I say.  That, and

God help us.

  God, bring justice and honor to our country.

Jesus, come soon.  

 

15 comments:

  1. Yes, I am with you. My new favorite book is The Kneeling Christian, it illustrates how powerful our prayers are. One thing I pray for is leadership in the US to follow Christ. The book is a small book, written in 1920s or 30s anonymously, though they did figure out who wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that title. Certainly one I could buy.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And to you. Looking forward to your Wednesday post.

      Delete
  3. I was driving home this afternoon and the clouds looked really amazing and ready to dump rain and all I could think of was if Jesus came back in the clouds today would people be ready for that? How will the world be when He does return? Hmm..yes, I hope we do get mercy but I also think there will be lots of love. That's my hope anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good questions all. The world is not ready for any type of judgment, esp. when they deny differing opinions.

      Delete
  4. YES! Good prayer, great songs also. YEA! WE do need his Mercy, and with that does come his LOVE, YES LORD! Please have mercy on our country, leaders and we the people.
    Timely post!
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't believe mercy comes only from God. People can be merciful to each other as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. People have to have mercy on each other.

      Delete
  6. The videos are lovely to watch and listen to.
    The world sure is in a mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen our country in such bad shape.

      Delete
  7. We definitely need mercy. I believe it 'll come in the form of a world Reset. The existing world destroyed by fires, flooding, nuclear weapons , and a new world will emerge. We've had our chance and we blew it. Now it's the beginning of a new era, whether we want it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Certainly. And it comes from God.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!